Have you noticed? WordPress has updated its platform. There is now a new handy “Reader” link in the black menu bar, and as I type, the font of the new post box is very eye-friendly – massive size.
Hello to scrolling!!! Tech-Queen Guylty immediately follows suit and offers a number of updates, too.
1. Word has reached me that the fandom identifier aka well-wisher badge may have worked its first ever magic. RAfrenzy wrote a post a couple of days ago and mentioned an encounter with possible badge-involvement. If anything it sounds as if the badge attracted attention. Mission fulfilled! *fistpump*
2. The badge goes global. More photos of the badge on tour have reached me. And since I can’t continue reblogging the same tired old post all the time, and I am hoping that new badge photos will continue to come in, I have decided to give the Gallery of the Badged a permanent, easily accessible home on a separate page. You can now find it under Badgers’ Gallery in the page menu at the top of the page – check the new submissions from as far and wide as Down Under to Prague.
3. And while we are talking of the badge project: Contributions have continued to flow in. Since edition 2 of the project was also covered by friendly fandom fairies, we are now looking at another three-figure surplus which I aim to donate in December around the time of the premiere. – On that note: If anyone is still in need of a badge for various premieres and screenings – please get in touch and I will send you one, free of charge, anywhere in the world. (Contact form on the Gallery page.) And while I am at it – if there is anyone still waiting for a badge that I have promised to send: It’s possible that I may have lost track of the orders. Please
kick my arse send me a reminder!
4. Back to updates: I am particularly proud of a tiny little adjustment that I implemented already a while ago. Did you notice that guylty.wordpress.com now has a favicon??? It’s right up there in the tab of your browser. I love those tiny unnecessary gimmicks… My favicon is my tumblr and twitter avatar, the photo of Armitage House – for cross-platform recognizability 😀 Years ago I used to have to design the tiny 16×16 Pixel icon myself and then type the code for such nerdy gimmicks into the backend. WP takes away such pain and you can add the favicon right from your general settings by uploading a “blog picture”.
5. Finally an outlook, not an update – yet. No, I am not announcing my withdrawal from the world of Armitaging. (Several worried messages reached me after my
teasing cryptic sign off under my blogiversary post – sorry, I was just pulling my own legs there.) But I am possibly going to slow down my output here as I am now gearing up towards my big trip to New Zealand – and eventually going AWOL for six weeks when I am in Kiwiland. Just so you know and do not feel I am deserting you. Trust me…