Ok, first of all, have you recovered from this:
Right, that – or rather the Twitter Q&A that followed that – dominated the week. Just to say that I very much enjoyed Richard’s answers to the well-chosen questions. (Congrats to those whose Qs were picked. They were worth answering.) I’ve said it elsewhere, but I really am quite impressed with the eloquence he harnesses in 140 characters. Some of his answers really struck a chord with me because he expressed himself really beautifully – and thoughtfully at the same time.
Ok, enough swooning. Tumblr came up with some new goods this week, too, and they are worth looking at. The new RA31DC (Richard Armitage 31 Day Challenge) for instance proves really exciting. I loved reading the personal reflections that the bloggers are adding to their answers to the challenge. As usual, it gives more insight into *their* minds than into the actor/chaRActer they are writing about, and I really enjoy that. You will find some of them in the round-up. Here we go.
- ledamemangociana gives Pop! Thorin the Arkenstone – cute
- lethal-desires has visualised Dolarhyde’s story in gifs. Here’s part 1. SPOILERS
- *giggles helplessly* Thank you the-majestic-king-thorin for this link to the BOFA EE interview with Richard
- Very simple graphic representation of RA. lizzymell1994 says it’s her first attempt. I really like it
- This is a richardarmitageconfession that sums up my attitude (but isn’t mine)
- I really liked applefia2036’s edits of well-known magazine shots of Richard
- LOL – sketchlavie illustrates “Richard being considerate to others” etc. Love me a bit of irony!
- Zeesmuse publishes aside 3B from “Manna” via rasexualfrustration – well-worth reading!!!
- richardslittle-infinity has a number of edits in the same vein as this pic of Thorin. I like the design
- larygo seems to have been able to make the rider picture of RA bigger without losing quality. For those of you who want to see RA’s
- richardarmitageforever’s must-watch work of RA on Day 5 of RA31DC
- binglybonglybeep calls out RA US. I’m not linking this here to stir trouble, but I’d be interested to know if you thought that a) there was much to criticize in the Q&A and b) if criticizing is off-limits and c) taints all of us?
- A quote from the Q&A that is worth repeating here. Posted by benedictarabic
- I hope circusgif’s gif doesn’t provoke a “bend-over-table-gate”
- @ theplaid-wearingmoose: yes
- warspaetgestern digs up a quote from Harry Lloyd (Will Scarlett in RH) on working with Richard
- Thorin the blacksmith by goodgirlheather. I’d rather like to see him without the apron…
- An updated compilation of the Armitage Selfie oeuvre. What’s with the weird angle, mister?
Guylty must write a collective *ooof* on that, I think. Maybe that’s something for the annual birthday post?
- baneofdurin quips re. the aforementioned Q&A eloquence LOL
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard very beautifully expresses (and illustrates) for Day 4 of RA31DC what is so attractive about Richard
20 is a good number. I think I’ll leave it at that even though I haven’t covered *all* the ground. Which means that tumblr is alive and heaving with RA-related stuff at the mo. That’s good, isn’t it? And with the end of the Hannibal shoot and Richard upping sticks for Europe, maybe we’ll see some more of him? Hope he gets a bit of a break before he has to brave the weather on this stormy little island. That’s if he is filming here at all. But if he is, my lovely mint tin that I bought last week will be topical…
I’ll show you Connemara, a beautiful area in the County of Galway in the West of Ireland, in another post. If you want to see bits of Co. Mayo, another of the film locations reported so far, you could look at the little slide show I made for my OT photo post last November.
Re-watching that just now it struck me how some images reminded me of NZ…