What does Mr A do on an early Saturday morning between location changes? Sleeps in? Leisurely breakfast? Catching up with Social Media? Probably not the latter. Neither do I, usually. Saturday is my sleeping-in day. I get up at 6 am every weekday, so the weekends are for lounging in bed. But not today – I actually had to get up at the usual time because the cats demanded breakfast. And since the sun was shining so nicely into the drawing-room, I decided to stay up and put the finishing touches to the Weekly Round-up. Here it comes…
- Francis Dolarhyde has the potential to be cute – look at him here, the last picture in the set by talented artist ciorane. You can only make him out by the little hare’s lip
- This may have been around a while, but oninha’s gifset of Proctor really hit me in the proverbials
- OMG, this is the *funniest* thing. It is old, has over 55.000 notes, is long, and has been contributed to by multiple tumblrers, but it *does* contain some Armitage. And tell you what – I am heading into the local Yankee Candle store this afternoon
- *tuttuttut* Sketchlavie is putting naughty posts together again… Guess what these nicknames are for…
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard has put together a case for listening to RA’s audiobooks (again). Includes handy links and interesting quotes. Great stuff and good idea!!!
- Fishencake expresses what I feel re. Hannibal, too
- Wow, it appears that artbyaelia has made this coin herself. I don’t think I have ever seen numismatic fan art!
- NSFW – another triple-r-porn drabble, for John Standring. Caution.
- Antatius’ fan drawings of RA and some chaRActers. I don’t often link drawings because most of the time I do not find the accurate, but these catch him perfectly
- For some in-depth analysis of Blake, great-red-dragon has written an essay on the Tyger and Dolarhyde
- guys-texts-from-last-night has Guy become all introspective
- Have I already posted sinnaminie’s Dolarhyde plushie here? I know I did on Twitter. It is just ADORABLE!
- For some odd reason I really like this gif by murmil, of Armitage walking on to a TV show – something about his look with his scarf wound around his neck, and the dorky smile. I guess it just feels real…
- I am posting a link to Mrpuddingston here – not necessarily for this picture in particular, but because I noticed in the caption just how many pics he/she has posted so far – 1720. And counting. Thanks for that!
- devilbats0121 has put all Toronto airport pictures of RA into a set
- LOL, fringeofmadness strikes again with a surprising gif-caption combo re. Gary Fuller
- For those who are interested in astrology, fangirlastrology goes in-depth about Armitage’s Mercury. There is more on other aspects of his star sign on her site
- Jollytr’s RPF ‘Algonquin Bound’ goes to chapter 31 on RAsexualfrustration. (It is already one further on AO3)
- Goodgirlheather has made another funny someecard re the doodle auction
- Very interesting Hannibal fan art gif by lethal-desires
- And another one by madamantler. Hannibal is illiciting a whole new level of fan art, methinks
- the turtleismoving has a funny gif set for RA and Sean Bean lovers alike
- A richardarmitage-confidential confession that many can subscribe to, I think. I certainly do
- Frauvonelmdings has entered into the tattle-crime #BoldlyBecoming fan art competition with a short film of Dolarhyde. Very Warhol 😉
- I don’t think I have ever seen this picture reposted by britscatsandromance – wrinkle alert
- Ooooh, this gif by look-back-look-back-at-me makes me really, really curious, too… *tuttuttut* it must have been something naughty (and don’t we love that particularly…)
Ok, I had to leave it somewhere. There was more, this week, so go and put “richard armitage” as a search tag into tumblr, and you get so much more… But, yay, now that I have my round-up out of the way, I can play with my new toys. You see, I received a surprise parcel yesterday from my shrine fairy Mimi.
Lots of mint tins, and some magnets, and sharpies!!! I can shrine til doomsday 🙂
I started on a couple of shrines yesterday, rather spontaneously, after some people prompted me
unwittingly. And once I am on a roll, I just cannot stop 😉 My trouble is that I keep coming back to a few particular characters while I still haven’t been able to get through the lesser known guys such as Percy Courtenay and William Chatford. Hmph.
Anyhow, last word on this post is to draw your attention to the upcoming RAPS for Charity Auction. Just to reiterate that *any* bid is welcome and please not to believe you have to break any records with your bids. I obviously do not expect to reach the lofty heights of an original Armitage doodle, which stands at 2175 US$ as we speak. But it would be lovely (and realistic, I think), to aim for a small three-figure total of the proceeds from all three auctions.
Auctions will start tomorrow, Sunday 17th May, at 3pm BST, here on guylty.wp.com. A whole announcement post with rules
of biblical proportions is here. (And thank you to all of you who have re-blogged and re-tweeted my announcement! It’s great to know you are on-board!)
Oh, and for another bit of fluffy, lovely, heart-warming Saturday reading I recommend you head over to me+r and read up on Serv’s fan meet-up with Kathy Jones. Feel-good reading!
Have a lovely Saturday, loves,