It’s full-on Richarding this weekend. I have my RL RA friend D___ over for a visit, she, with whom I braved Berlin 2013 and my first time Crucibling 2014. I set up the guest room yesterday and magnanimously left her my Thorin in a frame picture made by Riepu10 on the bedside table. I wonder which part of the Armitagean oeuvre we will watch this time around. Last time she was here, we binge-watched Strike Back. Damn, if this bloody Digital Theatre download had worked out, we could’ve relived The Crucible… Anyway, it’ll be a weekend of full-on RL Richarding.
But now. The Round-up. Tumblr was dominated by the Saturn Awards, still. Which in consequence seems to have made the amount of “new” material smaller. Hm. Go figure, yourself.
- myrichardtreehouse treats us to an important study of forearms – and there are more to come. Subscribe!
- Eh, no. I am not really feeling that scenario. But I applaud Norloth’s drawing skills
- Ok. Once I had recovered from the visual onslaught in this seemingly harmless screen cap, I had to wipe up the remains of the exploded ovaries from all over my living room floor. Profile porn – check. Cool sun glasses – check. But the coup de grace in Jassy2101’s cap – the seemingly open-legged pose. Ahem
- This richardarmitagequote was new for me – and hits me right back in my old soft spot for “Dolly”. I love how RA focuses on *words* in his work
- I love seeing the Crucible memories rolling in. Here is a sweet photo and a nice story by farewellsallyboots to go along with it
- More Armitage Sunday Supplement-type interviews soon, asks richardarmitage-confidential, and helpfully supplies links to examples from the past. Yep, I wouldn’t mind…
- sinnaminie props her Flower Crown Richard plushie with a Saturn Award. I really can’t get enough of these cuties! And sinnaminie (@_sinnamin on Twitter) is really lovely to chat to, btw
- Eerie, scary, freaky. But I like this gif-set of Dolarhyde by frank-dolarhyde
- Guy July calendar. You need this. You do. Go check out gisbornes-heart’s offering
- LOL. richardarmitageforever zones in on the essential contents of a quote…
- oooooh, seeing these caps by ageofarmitage from Miss Marple makes me want to enshrine Philip Durant so badly. BADLY
- Have you ever noticed how RA says “awww”? look-back-look-back-at-me has…
- Whoaaaaaaaa – now, *that* is an Slash!Crossover that is really… well… I am kind of speechless. And intrigued? IDK. Suggested by saraginotou
- Where can I sign that petition, please, nissavibes?
- raz089 has drawn a cutesy interpretation of RA receiving his Saturn Award
- Riepu10 brings us “Background Gizzy”. – Background Gizzy? NObody puts Gizzy in the background!!!
Always welcome to show us some characteristic Gisborne snark, though
- Great fandom service: armitages-photoshoots does what it says on the tin. This new tumblr blog is a fantastic resource which collects all of Armitage’s photo shoots. Very handy! As opposed to my own List of Armitage Photoshoots (see above in menu), this blog has all the photos ready to save. (I am only linking to the various photographers, no pics, for copyright reasons.
On that note @ all: When posting pics, please remember to at least credit the photographer!)
- And the prize for this week’s cutest fan art goes to… tycat (Twitter @DI_alpaca), whose heartbreakingly sweet drawings have been posted on tumblr by mircolina, including the photographic originals
There we go.
On a more selfish note: Despite not having finished my 15-day #BlogIntroChallenge (currently languishing at #9), I have set myself yet another challenge. Don’t fear, dear readers, it’s not another dreary blogging challenge you have to read through 😉 . No. I have decided to challenge myself to one creative project every day in July. Three days in, I came to a bit of a stand-still yesterday. I decided I needed a quick creative project. And then this happened:
It just had to be done. Last week’s flower crown was just too improvised and haphazard. This one is customized to our king. Can you spot it all?
Do your little turn on the catwalk, Thori-baby… If Thoribal rejects the flower crown, at least I can wear it as a bracelet…
Have a lovely weekend, all!
PS: Re the William Chatford KRAP: I am raffling it off on Twitter today. If you have a Twitter account, head over there and retweet my post to be in the draw. Raffle closes at 11pm, GMT (summer), today, Saturday 4th July, 2015. It could be *your* lucky day, Americans, seeing that it is your national holiday today. Happy celebrating ❤