The Christmassy theme continues into this week’s round-up – or into the intro to the round-up. Because I received my first Christmas present, and since it is connected to the fandom, I’d like to take the opportunity to mention it here. The lovely Nancy aka @_sinnamin or sinnaminie organised a fandom kris kindle for crafters this year. Under the tag #RichieHolidaySwap she paired participating crafters with each other to create and surprise each other with a RA themed Christmas gift. I have been the lucky recipient of Nancy’s holiday swap, and so a few days ago, this arrived here:
My fingers shook when I opened the package, and I screamed when I unwrapped all these goodies:
Sweets, two cards of Proctor and Thorin, three hand-stitched ornaments (unfortunately I missed the red dragon ornament bottom right) and GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to get a closer look at him:
O-M-G. Sir Guy, trying on his armour. Guy liner slightly smudged. Is he the most adorable thing I have ever seen? You bet! He is the perfect size for a hand-charmer, and boy, does he charm me. I am particularly intrigued by the rather low-riding pants but have so far been able to resist the temptation and peek behind his waistband… In any case, Nancy made me very happy with this wonderful gift – she knew exactly how to hit this Guy-lover’s feels
and especially so as I had joked with her at some point that I was challenging her to make a topless Guy plushie… Thank you thank you thank you.
If you want to see more of the crafty holiday gifts, check the #RichieHolidaySwap tag on Twitter. There will be more to see in days to come, I think, as the deadline for sending off the gifts is Dec 5. Meanwhile, Nancy is already organising the next RichieSwap, Valentine’s is just the right occasion. If you are interested, watch Nancy’s twitter where she will make announcements.
Ok, now on to this week’s tumblr round-up. I am afraid it is short this week –
there was a lot of unnecessary discussion going on in the Richard Armitage tag which I have no interest in perpetuating. I am keeping *my* private life largely bts; I think it is only fair to grant the same to his…
- A screen cap from the Hannibal deleted scenes of Francis Dolarhyde. By richard-crispin-armitage
- LOL – the new benchmark for libido? By thorin-ohhhkenshield
- Idahlart has sort of doodled a very sexy Thorin. Amazing what you can do with a biro…
- Big Brothers, Middle-earth edition. By tosqinha
- Thinkingoferebor has put Richard’s text from the Hobbit audition tapes to gifs. Very fitting
- Iriarty has pictured Thorin having a bath
- A richardarmitage-confidential that sums up Richard’s approach
- A collection by mzperx0506universe of pictures that give an impression of what RA faces every time he poses on the red carpet. I feel slightly guilty…
- By the number of notes this post by filisleftmoustachebraid has accumulated, chances are, the post is not new. It was new for me, and I laughed out loud at this little uncle/nephews scenario
- This link is taking you to a picture of RA that is not new.
Mind you – pictures of Richard never get old, eh?But I had to include it because I was equally amused and appalled by the name of the tumblr that posted it – stunningoldermen. *gulps* Well, I like older men, then
Have a nice second of advent, everyone!