Let’s start with a warning. This is going to be a much longer post than my usual Saturday morning fare. Simply by virtue of little ole Guylty being positively *starved* off the interaction she usual gets through Social Media participation. I know, I know, I’ve been droning on about this. And it’s not only that I have missed all that fun this past week with Richard’s Twitter activism. I also miss the banter, the back-and-forth, and the absolutely *essential* trumpeting of all kinds immaterial trivialities which define us in our online lives – all the photos, RTed links and embedded videos that are the facets that make up our online image.
And for that reason, this week’s round-up will be appended with all the
negligible stuff that I have a *burning* need to share. But don’t worry, the round-up takes precedence, and will come first, so you can skip Guylty’s collected bagatelles of the week and click off after link #20. 😉 If you want to read on, NOW is a good time to make yourself a cup of tea and to then sit back comfortably, mouse in click-position! Here goes…
- This is old, but it is topical and it fits the up-coming Easter holiday. Have a look again at richardbirdswitharmitage. I had such a laugh…
- Riepu10 supplies more baby!Richard – from Frozen. Cheers!
- Before he was a vegan, he happily ate sausages. Or maybe that was all method??? Richardcfarmitage has the caps
- And yet, there was apparently also vegan-friendly pleather in Armitage’s past. Says idylls-of-the-queen. Whatever, I appreciate seeing that screen cap again
- Non6ix has been at it again with her tinies. So cute
- Francis in every episode by ghisborne goes 3×12. Sure, we know all this, but I was utterly transfixed by gif 4. The glittering eye under the mask. Is this possibly the scene that had the crew scream and squirm? I’m not sure whether I’m in love with Francis or in terror…
- Representative of all the “Armitage in shades” posts this week, here is Jassy2101’s offering – which is particularly nice because she has combined 4 images that complement each other nicely in this four-some
- Another offering from riepu10 – extra majesticity onslaught on fan girl ovaries. Christ, yes, I’ll follow you, Thorin
- He really is! Drawing by raz089
- Oakenshieldmaiden’s weekly Thorin Oakenshield challenge is on week 14 and she brings us musical offerings. I may add to that down below, too
- Is it silly to sign a chair? That’s a question that was directed at circusgifs. It’s definitely ehm… unusual. But then again, I shouldn’t talk, I have a signed Pop!Thorin… What is your opinion?
- Gisbornes-heart makes a beautiful gif of Guy – I like it
- Sinnaminie reacts to latest Berlin antics by Mr A and recreates “The Spy Who Wore Blue Shoes”
- Again, not really new material. More baby!Richard aka Paul. I just got stuck on it because of that nipple…
I must be cracking up
- Fan forensics to the fore! A submitter to richardarmitage-confidential confirmed that what Richard says is actually truth. (At least when it applies to himself *grins*)
- Richardarmitageconfessions has a wonderful idea that I will keep in mind, when in need. (Anyone able to recommend a nice, soothing cello piece?)
- Armitageadmirer (formerly “Amazing Grace” and aka “Thoza Baconshield”) has adapted Richard’s Damn Daniel bitmoji. Apt!
- I really enjoyed reading this articulate, albeit long reaction by ladyinturquoise on controversy in the (tumblr?) community re. Richard voicing opinions/tweeting. I think I agree with all she says – although I am not sure whether she would lump me into the same category as the “dissenters”… I’d like to think that I am respectful of RA even though I occasionally voice criticism – and put saucy pictures of him in little fan art boxes… IDK, sometimes it’s all very confusing
- LOL. Short. But so right. By beautyagegoodnesssize
- And finally for those of you who would like to get their teeth into a longer post, I give you this one, with special recommendation. I have no idea why this long post on masculinity in Richard’s portrayal of various characters in his career, passed me by. It was posted by Avelera in September 2015, and it makes a fascinating read. I think she is on to something. Recommended!
Right – that’s it for this week’s tumblr goodies. (Leave now if you don’t want the unsolicited and inconsequential ramblings of Guylty. You have been warned!!!)
It’s a bit of a miracle that this post is coming to you at all! We had a bit of an incident in my house this afternoon. Mr Guylty, although usually not the most clunky and klutzy of men, but rather lithe and light-footed, managed to knock over a full mug of tea and drenched my MacBook Pro. Now, you could be saying that it is not very wise to work from the kitchen table, anyway, but hell, that’s the only room in the house I can heat, and hence I have been working from the kitchen for the last few weeks. Thanks be to Steve Jobs, the MacBook proves to be a quality product. Despite plenty of tea (milked, with 4 – FOUR – spoons of sugar
Mr Guylty is a sweet man) all over the keyboard, the laptop was unharmed. Possibly also due to my presence of mind and body – a quick-reflex grab of the MacBook and holding it upside down, made all the tea trickle out from under the keys before the liquid could do its evil in the precious insides of this most valuable piece of technology. I am more than relieved – the bloody thing is basically on loan to me from work; I wouldn’t have fancied replacing it…
So, if I were on Social Media, I would have badgered you today with unnecessary photo evidence of the current climate in Ireland. We are slowly inching into “four seasons in a day” territory. The day started with big snowflakes – and ended on beautiful sunshine.
Staying away from Social Media has given me a lot more time for other pursuits.
No, sorry, no new shrine reveals yet. Such as listening to music *properly*. And I really *must* bring a band to your attention. I have mentioned them before in my Ireland 102, but they really are the most exciting thing that the Irish music scene has on offer at the moment. They are called Little Green Cars, and I have been mesmerised by their new single, Easier Day, published yesterday. Starts slow but goes full-on beautiful.
Ok, and for the tenuous Armitage connection, here’s their song Big Red Dragon:
Staying with the tenuous Armitage connections – I discovered a wonderful blog today that I would’ve advertised on Twitter if I had been there. BerLinda has an “expateyeongermany“. She is an Irishwoman living in Berlin, learning German, discovering the intricacies of German life and culture – and doing so in an inimitable, hilarious style. No, she doesn’t blog on Richard. But her observations had me in stitches. So much of what she writes about is spot-on, exposes the German obsession with order, practicality and bodily excretions (careful, last one is truly hilarious – but NSFW!), and yet is full of warmth about her new chosen home. Berlin features strongly in her blog, so through her eyes and her (very-British-Isles-with-particular-Irish-slant) humour (which strikes me as not-too-far-off of what a certain Brit gentleman might think about his current place of residence), you might get a sense of the place.
Ok, that’s it for this week’s extended Social Media replacement therapy. And this is what you have learnt:
- Don’t work from the kitchen table.
- In Ireland, it’s winter in the morning and summer in the afternoon. All in one day.
- Little Green Cars is the best thing to come out of Ireland (apart from the flights to London)
- BerLinda writes a hilarious blog about Germany.
Keep enjoying my silence 😀