It feels slightly futile to post a round-up today. Sorry, that is not a rib on Mr A’s recent tweet but a genuine sentiment – I suspect everyone is still busy reading Richard Armitage’s latest missive re. Cyberbullying and the various fan reactions to it. If you want to have a look for yourself, you can get a broad view by searching on Twitter under the #SCD2016 tag, or by looking at the direct replies to Richard’s tweet. Further discussion of his contribution can be found in the blogworld:
- me+richard discusses empathy, cyberbullying and homophobia
- Armitage Agonistes notes her response to Armitage’s notions of empathy and “leaving oneself alone”
- Ancient Armitage‘s discussion of fandom in the light of fan reaction to Armitage on Social Media is a very worth-while read
- The Book of Esther picks up on empathy, too, and expands on her reading of Armitage’s missive
- Something About Love focuses on the power and meaning of words
There have been some reactions on Tumblr, too, but alas, the platform is not really very “verbal”, therefore I have not linked to any of them. For other Richard-related Tumblr gems, check the link list below!
- Hydrophobic-pirate pictures Richard in his rock star role – I like this very much
- Gorgeous artwork in pop-art style by ausschweifendemotte
- Very considered and plausible response by Circusgifs to the question whether she thinks RA is being bullied on Twitter
- Partiesainteasy has the perfect solution to Richard’s tendency to delete his tweets. (I have long been thinking the same thing.)
- Yennifer-ice is producing the most amazing paintings of RA. This one made me laugh. Thorileron?
- I loved circusgifs’ close-up gifs of Porter – the depth of field in them make these gifs so special.
Ok, and the guy who acts him
- Sorry, but more Porter courtesy of circusgifs. Never too much of a good thing, and I badly need a hero!
- r-armitage-characters-home has a gif set with the theme “despair”. Keep your hankies at the ready!
- I have missed guys-texts-from-last-night. This is another good one
- Another fabulous painting of Thorin by cro-gall. Wouldn’t mind a little tumble in the dunes with Thoza…
- A gif by his Guyship is always welcome on ‘Feudal Friday’ but clematis70 little note underneath made me laugh out loud. I think she read his lips correctly
- The plushie fans among you will love this post by ramsz – of chaRActers and their plushiefied versions. Very cute
- Circusgifs takes her series of “First and last scenes” to the next instalment
- This is a gifset by riepu10 from behind the scenes at Hannibal. I loved the way they show the actor concentrating to get in the role. And by the end of it, he is Dolarhyde, complete with the finger across his cleft lip. Amazing
- I really needed a bit of sauciness today. Thanks to queenoferebor1204 for these asset illustrations
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard has put together a collage of Richard over the past 9 years, and comments that it is hard to believe it’s the same man. True
As for my own take on Richard’s message – I filled 4 pages of notes last night and would love to write a response but just can’t find the words. I’m just not coherent enough right now. Plus, the world is hardly waiting for my opinion. It’s all good, though – I liked what I read, and I liked what I saw. That selfie was rather beautiful. And that is quite a compliment from one who generally does not like selfies at all.
Enjoy your weekend – mine is all #Euro2016.
ETA new links