*groans* Playing catch-up is so NOT fun! I mean, I don’t regret going on a short break to Scotland at all. Not after being faced with fantastic weather (in Scottish terms) and majestic views like this:
Straight out of TH, right? In fact, we were standing in the small little harbour of Elgol on the Isle of Skye with our hosts, and the conversation turned to Tolkien and how this view may have inspired him to think up the Misty Mountains. (I researched, but I did not find a source that would confirm this theory. Apparently he was inspired by the Swiss Alps, instead. ) Scotland, I must say, could’ve easily worked as a film set for the trilogy, too.
In any case, the barrage of new image goodness and news upon my return first had me in raptures – and then in frustration. Too much! Hell, how am I ever going to pick a favourite for a potential *ooof*? I suspect it might be this:
Although I was blown away by quite a few of the close-ups, too… But yeah, that’s the crux with too much choice… it’s overwhelming and ultimately off-putting. The *ooof* must wait, especially as I am off to Berlin again next week. So, gentle announcement that next Saturday will probably not see a round-up, either. But here, there’s plenty in this week’s:
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard draws chaRActer parallels – here are Lucas North and Daniel Miller, engaging in some mobile environment surveillance
aka driving in a taxi
- And staying with the theme, here is a richard-armitage-confidential along similar lines. My hunch: The similarities (and comparisons) are unavoidable. So rest assured, nonny!
- Thanks to all the BS goodness, riepu10 creates a new RA character collage. Would you believe this is already the 44th one she has made?
- For those who haven’t seen this on Twitter yet, Sinnaminie has reacted to TCA press tour RA and created a “Sockless/White Shoe Wearing” plushie. Cute, as always
- A “Fictional characters I would kiss” list has made the rounds on tumblr. I was tagged, too, but after these exhaustive lists by clematis70 and zeesmuse, all has been said. Or what would you say?
- LOL – great cartoon by gimmethehobbit. Works well in light of yesterday’s politico tweet onslaught, too
- You’ve seen this Gisborne scene, you’ve seen the screen caps. But richard-crispin-armitage’s commentary is priceless, hence included in this list
- Again, I am sure you have seen the material, but it is always good to have a link to the giffed version of scenes from BS. Here is one by ksei-zmrk
- And another (different BS) scene by ksei-zmrk
- More gifs from trailer scenes, by ghisborne
- Do you know who Craig Parker is? Yeah, right, he’s not really a nice chaRActer, but for completeness sake, here’s a gif set by laoih
- Controversial, Guy, controversial! Unless you are talking about yourself *smirks*. Another What a Guy wants by nfcomics
- A man with consistently ‘great hair days’, as proven in this richard-armitage-confidential
- Apparently this is just a ‘doodle’ – I’d love to have the talent of lorna-ka. Great little piece of fan art
- Colourful Guy. Who would’ve thought?? A gif set by sherwoodsy that is appealing
- And just for the record, I am including links to photo sets of the imagery from last weekend’s BS promo events. It’s nice to have the images all in one spot. Here’s a set by richardcfarmitage
- A mixture of close-ups, half-lengths and full-lengths from the after party, by the-hobbit
- And a set by fullerverse2016 of the press pics from the TCA event in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- I am not quite sure what this set by queenoferebor1204 exactly refers to, but the idea of Porter spying on fans amuses me
- Killthepain62 recounts her mother’s first reaction to Thorin Oakenshield in AUJ. A very amusing read!
- And for all of you who like crafting, here are the details of another Richard-themed craft swap, organised by Sinnaminie. I’m game!
Have a nice weekend, all!
PS: I still have some of those fan identifier badges left. If anyone wants one – just get in touch! I want to get rid of *all* of them. And I will donate the raised funds soon, so stay tuned for that announcement.