Hello! This week’s round-up post may appear almost identical to instalment #3 from two weeks ago. Not only was there not that much on the round-up list (sorry, that’s a bit of a de-motivator right at the beginning of the post), but I am preceding this week’s piece with similar notices as then.
Thursday night, Dublin put on a protest against the Muslim ban. Despite terrible weather – rain and strong winds – about 1200 people including myself, daughter and hubster, were there. As I was observing the protest in front of the US embassy – the posters (among them the ubiquitous Father Ted-referenced “Down with this sort of thing“), the speeches, the national broadcaster interviewing protestors – I was wondering what I would say if they asked me why I was there. “For my American friends”, came first into my mind. And then “to show solidarity, to nip fascism and racism in the bud before it is too late, for my children’s future”. As it was, I was glad we were all there. Another protest is planned for outside the Dáil (the Irish Parliament) next Thursday, re. the Taoiseach’s (PM’s) traditional visit to the US President on St Patrick’s Day.
Still parallel to round-up #3, in other news my self-designed fan fabric has arrived. I really like the new, black design and am currently researching sewing projects I could do with it. I’ve also stocked up on the blue background fabric. More zipper pouches!!?!!!
The fabrics are available here, btw. The fabric is printed on cotton in various different forms, from poplin to drill, which you can choose from. As far as I can see you can even choose the repeat type of the design. A fat quarter costs £9.
And now the round-up – short and sweet, despite great news, pics and even moving images from the set of O8.
- Soooo, have you done the same as mezzmerizedbyrichard????
- The pictures from the set of Ocean’s Eight raise interesting questions, such as binglybonglybeep’s
- Just a nice throwback to year before last: dex5m’s gifs of RA at Comicon, squirming and scratching his nose
- Clematis70 resumes her Guess Richard’s Character series where she plays an audio excerpt and you guess which character it is
- Nfcomics’ What a Guy Wants series pinches the pennies…
- The images are not new, but included here because this rhetorical question by queenoferebor1204 is so easy to answer. And any excuse…
- Always classy in b/w. Daniel Miller giffed by circusgifs. Niceeeee
- Sorry, and another DM by circusgifs. You’re welcome
- Richard dancing – is such a massive trope in the fandom. Chiara5cinque has put two recent scenes side-by-side
- I was asking myself the same question as fieryfurniss, but he bounced back…
- Ghisborne has delighted and entertained us with a great many gifs and pics, so please consider her appeal re. reposts
- Gorgeous drawing by ragesyndrom of Thorin with his harp
- Are we glad that circusgifs is bored and it happens to be Friday? Yes, we are!
13 is a lucky number!
Good-bye for now,
Edit: A couple of typos and changed link #3 to the original post. Sorry for having included a repost instead – it was not done on purpose!