Valentine’s Day has started already for me. In a bad way – in the sense that I am behind with getting a post out re. particulars about our own little Valentine’s celebration within the fandom
which I had planned to post yesterday, but actually had to abandon due to work commitments. It’ll come either today or tomorrow! But in a very, very good way in terms of being the recipient of a couple of Valentine’s surprises.
Like last year, Queen of Plushies, @_sinnamin, had organised yet another swap. This time it was actually not Armitage-themed, but I couldn’t resist taking part in it nonetheless. So yesterday I received my Valentine pressie from @LadyGrayse, a darling little felt heart that sparkles and glitters. Just the right thing to be the centrepiece in my Valentine’s arrangement on the
– this is for you, Linnetmoss – marble-topped console table.
Thank you for that, Lady Grayse – so neatly done, so Valentine, so cute!!!
And may actually get a permanent use as a needle cushion for my sewing operations! BTW, a few more Valentine Swaps have already arrived. You can see them if you check the hashtag #ValentineSwap on Twitter. Or click this link. Thank you to Nancy for organising it ❤️.
If you have looked closely at that picture up there, you may have spotted another lovely addition to my Valentine arrangement. It came as a complete surprise: On Thursday, my horrible, horrific, major work day, my mood was lifted by the unexpected appearance of a big orange envelope addressed to me. Sender: the lovely Paula aka Riepu10, who so often delights us with her gifs and pics on Tumblr. Paula is also famous for something else – she is a gifted crafter in her own right. So could this be a… ??? I could not wait to open the envelope, and sure enough, it was one of her amazing RA frames!!! And what a special one this one is – not only is it meticulously, perfectly crafted, but it is also a custom frame with a movable part:
Mr Thornton’s overcoat can be removed, only to leave the shirt and the waistcoat on the frame. Isn’t that ingenious??? Paula had no other reason to gift this to me, than to surprise me. Well, mission fulfilled! I totally did not expect it, but this is gorgeous and will be proudly displayed in my sitting room.
At least until the currently missing Mr Guylty will notice and raise objections *hehe*. Thank you thank you thank you.
And now without further ado – here is this week’s Armitage tumblr round-up.
- Daniel Miller outfit appreication courtesy of ghisborne. Nice. Just not sure why that hospital gown is in there *grins*
- “The three ages of man” – teen, middle-aged, pensioner – in plushie form, courtesy of Kenneth and Sinnaminie
- *bruhahahah* this gif thingie by orangesinnumberable really made me laugh out loud. Not sure if I can ever unsee that
- Guess who theangelshavethering is talking about.
No need to mention names. There’s only one answer…
- LOL – is Gisborne talking to Trump in this What a Guy Wants by nfcomics?
- TBT one of the least-seen roles, courtesy of ofgreengables. To my shame, I can’t even remember the chaRActer’s name… Confession: I have never seen the film.
- Wow – there are two favourite moments in this gif set by murmil: 1) Daniel kicking in the door *whoa* and 2) the nervous double wink when listening in the flat *aww*. But seriously. That door kick!!! And did I mention that door kick?
- Sorry that I am repeating myself, but I am still laughing about this picture from the set of O8. Just because I still think it looks as if RA has got a massive, curly pony tail – in fact it is just someone standing behind him, but… Pic posted by queenoferebor1204
- And for completeness’ sake here’s one of the many references to “silver fox” Armitage. Those grey temples surely are created by the hair and make-up dept, no? Posted by armitageadmirer
- The many outfits of Thorin Oakeshield. *coughs* By themiddleearthworldoftolkien
- You had me at “hot ex-lover” *lol*. Triple-r-porn answers a question
- Loved this collection of (old) photos with lots of negative space. By loriendesse
No Valentine’s sweetness yet – I bet that will all be there in next week’s round-up.
Have a nice Saturday, and lots of pre-Valentine love,