OMG. With all the Valentine’s stuff going on, a link list yesterday, and a couple of nights in a row when Mr Guylty actually agreed to going out (believe me, that is worth mentioning!), I completely forgot to schedule the weekly tumblr round-up. And this in a week that had *lots* of interesting bits going on on tumblr, what with Valentine’s Day and a couple of new Armitage interviews! Fail! But well, better a little bit late than never. Without further ado, here is this week’s link list:
- Wake up, sleepy head! TBT very old times, thanks to riepu10
- Joyousgeekeryabounds has made a whole lot of Valentine’s cards. It’s a week late, I know, but they are funny in their own right. Or save for next year…
- And a V-Day card from mzperx0506universe – another TBT
- More V-Day cards, this time from riepu10
- And a Valentine’s drawing from lilyre – the gesture is so Thornton… *sigh*
- Gimmethehobbit has been drawing these cute little cartoons for a while now. Here’s some Richlee fun
- Intense Armitage courtesy of circusgifs. TBT Golden Hour
- I feel a pervert for saying this, but there is something very sexy about dirty, damaged Thorin. Edit by life-is-righteous
- Double handporn at its finest, courtesy of jahoe1960
- And here we have gifs from the extended Armitage RJ interview, made by ofgreengables
- The extended Armitage RJ interview, this time in stills. That first picture!!!! Capped by ausschweifendemotte
- Gisborne and Oakenshield share some mannerisms. I wonder why… Put side by side by orangesinnumerable
- Awww. Guy wants to celebrate the anniversary… But no fancy pants, please. From the What a Guy wants series by nfcomics
- Smoking hot Daniel Miller. Literally. Gifs by kendaspntwd
- Christ, that’s hot, too. And some people say Daniel and Esther didn’t have chemistry??? Gif set by ofgreengables
- This is totally the kind of camera porn Miss Guylty loves. Edit by angelkostan
- 18th century Bagginshield anyone? Interesting take by b-a-g-g-i-n-s-h-i-e-l-d
- I’m totally with Guy on this one. Another What a Guy wants by nfcomics
- Thornton’s iconic line, in cartoon style, drawn by d1249
- Laughing RA – these gifs by mezzmerizedbyrichard should be playing on continuous loop in a little window on your computer screen *all the time*!
- More laughter – and the joke by Richard that preceded it. Thanks to clematis70
- Answering an anon question, armitagedaily compiles a list of the period pieces that RA has been in. Handy list!
- Byronicwoman posts a cute drawing of Dolarhyde by cinabre
- Can you guess the chaRActer just from this voice sample by clematis70?
I have no clue, btw…
- More comparison fun by orangesinnumerable. Daniel Miller
25 items! Now, *that* is a veritable list!!!
If you would like a soundtrack with your Saturday morning Richarding, I suggest this:
Nikolay Khozyainov played in Dublin last night, and exactly this piece. Not quite my favourite piece from my favourite composer (Rachmaninov), but it was a stunning performance, and afterwards (almost) all of the auditorium was on their feet, applauding for several minutes. I am a reluctant “standing ovator” at the best of times, but this time I stood up, too. In fact, I was the first audience member to start clapping.
Wow, what a claim to fame!
And another recommendation while we are at it: You might think that “German” and “humour” is an oxymoron. But not in this German film which is actually up for an Academy Award (in the foreign language category). I don’t think I have laughed as much in a film as in this one. Toni Erdmann is a film about a father and a daughter. She is a high-flying consultant, based in Bucharest, and he is a lonely, divorced music teacher. When he spontaneously visits her, all kinds of mischief ensues as he tries to lighten up his uptight daughter. – Beside the hilarious situational comedy, the film actually highlights a number of issues very effectively – sexism against women in the workplace; the ruthlessness of capitalism; the lies and deceit you can be forced into in your work; the lack of humanity in work… and of course the alienation between people in general. It’s quite a feat to address these issues, yet produce an entertaining film. I have just heard that the rights to the film have been bought up by Jack Nicholson who wants to remake it. Please don’t! It’s perfect as it is. Toni Erdmann really deserves an Oscar! Here’s the trailer (German original with English subtitles).
Enjoy your weekend!