Anybody there? With Thanksgiving and Black Friday around, I assume many people will be offline this weekend. At the time of writing this (currently 5.30pm, Friday afternoon), I am not sure whether this post will be online on time, either. I am in London, and I am about to go to the theatre tonight with Hariclea, watching Martin Freeman on stage. I have come over on business again, and this time it was truly, truly nerve-wrecking and exciting. The company I work for organised an industry award, and Thursday night was the gala dinner/award ceremony. I had been asked over as the official photographer. I cannot tell you how nervous I was. Yes, I *do* have legit qualifications as a photographer. I have the gear, too (bumped up by the loan of some equipment from a photographer friend), and I certainly know what I need to do to set exposure and shutter speed. But with photography, I have learnt, you can never be sure. In my experience, no shoot *ever* goes the way you think it will go. No matter how thoroughly you have planned. And of course it played out exactly like that on Thursday. The battery pack I had borrowed in order to get multiple flash firing, did not work. Nightmare! I was sweating blood and water. Well, mainly the latter – there was a drinks reception to cover, some general shots of the venue and the gala dinner all set up, then an awards ceremony where 14 awards were handed over – which meant 14 x 4 pictures with the celebrity guest (who was handing over the awards) and the winners. Despite the battery pack failure, I managed with the single fire flash – until award #14 (the most important of all, of course), where the recovery time for the flash had become so long that I simply couldn’t keep celebrity + winner hold hands any longer to get another shot in… By the end of the evening I was exhausted, drenched in sweat and smelly. All I wanted was to lie down and sleep. Event photography is exhausting – staying focussed, getting all the shots, knowing where to be and how to shoot… If I had to do this all the time, I could book myself in for a heart transplant! That muscle is worn out! Not to mention my arm muscles. 2 kilos worth of tech for 5 hours – that counts as a work-out, right? Anyhow, I haven’t had time to check the photos yet, but I hope I got what was needed…
Ok, you didn’t want to know that… so here’s this week’s round-up, brought to you fresh from London…
- Well, my birthday is just over, so make that a Christmas wish and I am in. Quipped by nowiloveandwilllove
- Erebor-kingdom on Richard becoming more popular (?) and Funko Pop!Thorin
- Obscurelittlebird pairs pictures of Mr Thornton with tweets
- I love those photo collections where RA/chaRActer is put into some kind of context. Here is modern Thorin/biker Richard by maybetomorrowgirl
- Thanks to smoops-and-smoops for this gif of RA/Thorin dishing out the sandwiches – I don’t remember seeing this at all…
- Daniel has opened a bottle of Riesling. Or is that Richard pulling up his nose at that??? Gifs by riepu10
- Quick comparison: Richard, advertising, taxis and BS. Put together by armitageadmirer
- Awwww… Stardust sprinkled Thorin… Fan art by everybery
- We definitely need the gifs of awkward Daniel cutesy-whootsy smiling in his tighty underpants. Thanks, ghisborne!
- I’ve said it before – I love seeing glimpses of my fellow fans’ life. Here’s a look at fizzy-custard’s wall decoration. Have you got Richard on your wall?
- This is such a cool idea by pixiedurango… Let’s call it a “railway meme”…
- Cute is not really a word I *usually* associate with Mr Thornton, but how cute is this? Fan art by myrichandleefanart
- Drldeboer summarises episode 7 of BS + pictures
- Pixidurango’s Carpe Noctem – a Daniel fan fic – has gone to part 2 and 3. Linking here to part 2. It’s good!!!
- Maybetomorrowgirl again with a picture set of business man Richard/Thorin
- Yup, such mornings would put me into a good mood. Picture set by queenoferebor1204
- Ok, and we need this in close-up and forever. Screen caps of Daniel waking up by shikin83
- The stuff to feed a thousand fantasies, courtesy of ofgreengables
- Riepu10 has put Daniel/Trevor into a nice pic set
Leaving it at this. Hope you have enjoyed that.
Belated Thanksgiving greetings to those of you who ‘gooble’ 😉