Be careful what you wish for. I vaguely remember replying to a tweet from Audible a few weeks ago that asked what we wanted to hear. I didn’t have a specific request, just wishing for Armitage narrating something contemporary. *um yeah* *coughs* It appears that something contemporary may be coming our way soon.
Paging the #ArtmiageArmy! @RCArmitage has just been revealed as one of the narrators of @LaurenBlakely3‘s upcoming Audible-exclusive, #Wanderlust! Pre-order now: https://t.co/sVqUOlCKLJ https://t.co/pAiQA7cvrE
— Audible (@audible_com) January 11, 2018
Discussion of the news is already in full swing over at me+richard and Armitage Agonistes. Miss Guylty is currently trying hard to keep an open mind. I’ve always called for some lighter material whenever fans have been discussing what RA should do next, and a rom-com was high up on my list, both for audio as well as for film. However, this looks more like a romP-com *ooops*. Until now and despite recent forays into steamy
wall-nailing sex scenes in BS, Armitage had kept his oeuvre fairly “clean”. Upon reflection, I notice that none of the sex scenes in Armitage past roles required much verbal expression beyond the occasional grunt. *coughs* It will sure be very in-te-res-ting to hear him talk dirty… There were some interesting comments made in that context on Serv’s post, to the effect that it is all well and good to have one’s own Kopfkino spout Armitage or one of his characters such verbally “delicate” material. However, it remains to be seen whether it will cause some unwanted interference when properly expressed…
As to whether I will listen to the final product when it comes out: I confess here that I certainly do not have delicate eyes. Some of my favourite fan fictions contain graphic sex; or have the description of graphic sex as their sole purpose. I am not above reading steamy romance novels. They have a purpose, they are entertaining. However, I have absolutely no idea about the quality of this particular writer. Have never read anything by her, and from what I have seen so far, her material is not really up my street. The quality of the writing aside, I am looking at the news from a different POV. To me, it is a totally new concept to actually *listen* to a steamy novel. Earporn, in the truest sense of the word? It sounds a bit weird to me, literally and figuratively. But well, I’ll have to try it before I give my verdict.
I somehow ended up as a subscriber to Audible by default. Me – a self-confessed audiobook hater! Because I wanted to hear Jekyll and Hyde without forking out for it. With a couple of unused Audible credits now accumulated over my time as a subscriber, at least I have now an opportunity to use them. And with the new year having renewed my urgent need for weight-loss and exercise, this may just be the listening material that will get me going
(see what I did there?) on my daily 10,000 steps. Your thoughts on the news?
By the look of it, the audiobook hasn’t been produced yet. This time last week, I myself was in a recording studio. Hold your horses – nothing steamy in *my* recording booth. I was recording dialogue for a German language exam practice book. That went more along the lines of “Olaf, ich gehe jetzt einkaufen! Ich bin dann gleich weg…. [quietly] Wo ist denn meine Tasche? Ah hier … und auch mein Handy, meine Schlüssel [noise of clinking keys] und mein Portmonnaie. Wie viel Geld habe ich denn noch? 70 Euro, das müsste genügen. [loud again] Olaf, Ich nehme Waldemar mit. Er braucht seinen Spaziergang. Komm Waldemar!” [Olaf, I’m off to the shops… where the hell is my bag? Ah, here it is… and my phone, my keys, and my wallet. How much money have I left? 70 Euro. Should be enough. Olaf, I’m taking Waldemar. He needs his walk. Come here, Waldemar!] But steamy or not, I can tell you one thing: Recording is really fun! There were six of us playing the little scenes, and we laughed so much… In that sense, spoken word recording is great fun, and it may prove a nice distraction for Mr A – which may be a good thing while he is worrying about his mother’s health. I’m renewing my best wishes here for her…
Right, and now to the round-up. A bit short, a bit late, but nonetheless.
- Armitage remembers the last weeks on The Hobbit. Quote posted by tallian
- Definitely NSFW! You’ve been warned. But it’s kinda funny – fan art involving Thorin and Bilbo. By camillo1978
- Not really sure why there is suddenly this renewed flurry of Thorin on my dash – Christmas TV programming? In any case, here’s another Bagginshield fanart. By catofcream
- Pretty cool watercolour portrait fo Thorin – unfinished, but tea2go is asking you for quotes that would fit with the picture
- Ok, last one from the Bagginshield kink – Bilbo and Thorin in the sauna. Unlikely? Yeah. But serves as nice eyecandy. Fanart by radioproxy
- Really like this fan art Crucible poster by annemiechen
- Oooh, I really like this gif by igotanaddixon – b/w AND colour
- Reaction gif? The master of #Eyebrow wigglez… Posted by smoops-and-smoops
- Ace of spades alright!!! From riepu10’s series of Armitage playing cards
- *giggles* yeah, familiar reaction. A brief phone conversation posted by brieflyhopefulluminary
- Another ooooh moment – a gorgeous fan art by hannibatchsmuse
- Pixiedurango is answering prompts for fan fics. Here’s one with Guy of Gisborne that caught my attention
Right, that’s it for today.
Have a nice weekend,