Somehow, this turned out to be a very Armitage-rich week.
See what I did there? There was the call for questions for a new #AskArmitage by Audible.
— audible.co.uk (@audibleuk) February 20, 2018
Wow, they really have discovered Armitage as their favourite celeb to milk, haven’t they? Or should we say: They have discovered the fans of said actor as the cows to milk. Because yes, we rise to every challenge, and gobble up every piece of bait. Including myself. I have noticed that my resistance to reacting on Social Media to Armitage or news about him is recently getting increasingly worn down. I don’t really mind so much adding my voice to the resonance that builds when there are reports about him, or when there are calls for Qs, like in this case. Even though I don’t believe it is my duty as a fan to promote Armitage’s work – unless he wants to pay me *hehe* – sometimes I feel it is my only opportunity to support him in his career by being part of the social media reaction to his work. But reacting to *him* directly has always been something I have shied away from. Partly because I strongly believe that he does not read the replies to his tweets, hence there is no point in spending time on a reply. And partly because I dislike being part of a big choir that essentially only bleats the same thing back at him. But well, in the last few weeks I have found myself retweeting some of his tweets, responding to the #AskArmitage (albeit without @-tagging him), and *shock horror* even replying to a tweet by the man himself. Where the hell is this going? Have I finally been worn down or is this just another side-effect of peri-menopause?
Or maybe it was sheer desperation. Alternatively also overkill. This Armitage-rich week also had me listen to Wanderlust . And success – I finally finished it yesterday afternoon. Phew. If I pluck up the courage, there may even be a review of it. At least I took copious notes while listening. And straight from Wanderlust into The Tattooist of Auschwitz. Not a good segue, let me tell you. And without blaspheming – but I have to say that the first 15 minutes of the piece already brought up a few niggles. But well, early days, so I’ll reserve judgment until later.
Lastly, I have been at my work bench, cutting and glueing and sticking bits and pieces into a little shrine. Funny how that always cheers me up, even at times when I am not that well-disposed towards the OOA. (Must be February – I kind of get grumpy and annoyed and I work myself up over stupid details that piss me off about RA, and *boom* the old doubts return and I ask myself “what the hell am I doing? I’m too old for this shit!”).
It helps to stick to the old routine. So let’s enjoy the weekly round-up instead. Here we go:
- Another Trevor Belmont fan art that borrows heavily on Guy, I think. By moodyhedgie
- We always go on about Richard in black, but here’s a collection of Richard in white shirts. Not bad either, I say. By anemiechen
- Oh man! *faints* I was waiting for a post like this. Armitage forearm fluff *dead*. Massive thanks to pixiedurango
- That’s an intense on good old Raybo here in armitageadoration’s set
- And because he rarely gets much attention, here’s more Raybo, also by armitageadoration. She was on a roll this week
- Elain1205’s relationship status *lol*
- Throwback to Hannibal – I’m delighted to see the Red Dragon feature in this. By lego-martin
- Guy of Gisborne gets anemiechen’s edit treatment
- This is such a convincing edit. Possibly already older, and resurfaced via Pinterest, but I am linking to jassy1201’s post
- Armitage as Wolverine. Coming soon. And already drawn by cro-gall
- Jaysis, this is almost too much for the fan girl heart. Full. Length. Richard. TWICE! By riepu10
- Number 3… 😂 … Onion headlines combined with Hobbit screenshots by lokispriestess
- Awwww. Bagginshield in moving images. Sweet. Bitter. Sad. By glamdolf
- And one more, linked here for other reasons. LOL. By king-moron
- Oolálá! Sensual prompts for Thorin! Beware, the image illustrating the post – although not our man (or is it *haha*) – is pretty hot. Or just pretty? Anyway, posted by pixiedurango
- I would’ve said this is a collection of emotional moments from Richard’s oeuvre, but then there is DIY Daddy in there. Hm. Not sure what kingunderthemountain85 was trying to convey with this, but hell, I’ll post it anyway
Hope you find some distraction in the links above.
Have a good weekend,