Oh man! Really? Really??
I was half way through this round-up last night when the latest Twitter debacle happened. And quite frankly, I was *that* close to chucking in this round-up and closing up shop for the weekend. We’ve discussed this time and again, so I am not going to go through it all again, but just to say that last night was a * prime* example of fangirl frustration. I didn’t mind that RA was spouting a controversial opinion. Unusually for me, I was even at the ready to defend his POV. Despite the fact that his POV is not *mine*. And even *more* unusual, I felt compelled to reply @RCArmitage when he came out with that old bullshit argument of “I’ll shut up now because I’m only a dumb actor”. I truly, *truly* hate that statement. Not only because it is patently untrue. He quite obviously does *not* believe that he is dumb – he’s pretty eloquent and clear when he voices opinion. But I am getting to the point where I suspect that he is rather unsubtly fishing for compliments. Cos no sooner had he tweeted his political rant, crowned by the disclaimer that he was “only a dumb actor” – and he deleted the whole shebang. Yet in one fell swoop he also completely destroyed the context of hundreds of comments that were sent in reply to his tweets. And I feel so, so silly right now, not having been able to resist the temptation, but having replied to his tweet, reassuring him that his voice is important. Grah! And then he deletes the whole lot and basically makes us all look like silly fools. Man, I am mad. Especially because all those valid political tweets have been instead replaced with a manipulative teaser-tweet, supposedly about a new project that is yet top secret. Well, if so, then why are dropping hints all over the shop, Richard? Well, lesson learnt. This is the last time that I am reacting to a tweet by his Royal Undecidedness. Cos if there is one thing I really hate, then it is being made to feel silly, stupid and insecure – no matter whether it is the master himself who does it, or his fans who belittle others because they think they are doing their adored star a service by attacking dissenting others. I find it very painful, tbh, and I am increasingly unwilling to accept pain when all I want is some happy time with my favourite actor…
So, I grudgingly present this week’s tumblr round-up.
- THIS! Always and forever as the very first thing you see when you boot up the computer in the morning. Just imagine! You’d never ever feel depressed again! Gif by ausschweifendemotte
- NSFW – and only for Bagginshield lovers. Fan art by hattedhedgehog
- ROFL – not related to RA, but on the changes at tumblr, this video by jackcrumsontheinternet is the funniest thing
- I don’t remember this RA quote re. Raybo de Merville. Posted by tallian
- I love this idea: deepestfirefun asks “In 6 words or less, tell me a little story about this picture”. Ok, well, how’s this: “Found way out of ladies dept.”
- mezzmerizedbyrichard has giffed some lash porn from the Audible happy clip. Makes me happy, too
- Crinkle lovers, click and zoom on ausschweifendemotte’s post
- Gorgeous Thorin fan art by lavenderarts
- And riepu10 has the all-important glasses scene of the Audible happy clip
- Very cool manip by ra-of-light – Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
- And just because it is always amusing: a few derps, also collected by ra-of-light
- These are really interesting edits of some well-known images of RA. I like them. By vankasrc
And that’s it for this week. Sorry all – this is not me being in a huff and cutting the round-up short because I am still mulling over the whole Twitter snafu. It just appears as if there wasn’t anything else. Well, shall we already pin our hopes on next year? Richard seems to be excited about an upcoming project. That is the only good news I heard yesterday… And I’m going to zip any further comments on Richard’s new brand of self-deprecation.
I used to find it funny, but somehow it’s gone stale.
Somewhat gloomily yours,