This might very well be the last round-up of the year. The festivities are coming, and I will be travelling a tiny bit “in between the years”, as we say in German – between Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Since London was such a great hit with my mum in April this year, I have decided to take her to Belfast for a couple of days. She has been there already, of course. There is hardly a place in Ireland she *hasn’t* been to yet. Years of visiting her ex-pat daughter mean she has travelled all over the island – without me, I hasten to say. But Belfast is a big city, and there are plenty of cafés and restaurants and shops to keep us busy for a couple of days. And I look forward to spending a bit of time alone with my mum again.
But anyway, after all the excitement of this week (Tweet/Deletes, Q&As and Xmas Messages), the big news on tumblr was – the fact that the new adult content guidelines have come into effect. And I am not sure whether that means lots of stuff has been deleted, but the timeline just looks weird. There is all sorts of Hannibal/Red Dragon stuff in there – which is already several years old at this stage… Tbh, the whole guideline change may have repercussions for this weekly round-up, too. It looks as if tumblr will never be the same again. We’ll see how it develops. Here’s this week’s round-up:
- Reminder by idontfindyouthatinteresting that Red Dragon Con 5 is only 6 weeks away
- A new tumblr call rcrispina has been born that focuses on Richard’s characters – but expressly states it will not objectify his RL persona. Aha. Ok.
- Snowy bauble posted by fizzyxcustard
- Better still – the whole man in a winter coat, slowly being snowed in. Also by fizzyxcustard
- Ok, last one of those fizzyxcustard picture edits – sparkly RA
- Ra-of-light describes what this picture does to her. And what does it do to you? (Ages ago I actually wrote an *ooof* on it…)
- RA describing how to make Christmas pud. Giffed by riepu10
- LOL – bagginshield-disaster pretty much describes what a bagginshield disaster is…
- Very cool gif set by lethal-desires of the great red dragon
- ROFL – crystalchandlyre is so on to something. I’ll join her.
- Lots of cool one-liners this week – like this one from fruitcake007. I totally whisper with her
- Or this one liner by fredragon. Need I say more?
- Ineedthislikeaholeinthehead finally watches ITS and finds Gary too sexy to be true. What do you think? Is RA believable?
At the end of this I also want to update you that Flat Richie is already on the road again. He only stopped over for one night with Helen and is now on his way to the next destination. Bets are on whether he will make it *before* Christmas. In any case, if you haven’t checked it, read Helen’s blog posts on Flat Richie’s visit with her.
I’ve been quiet the last couple of days – getting ready for my mum’s visit. But after a final big translation job today I am now set for the holidays, and I really look forward to it. I want to use some of my free time to craft – make a Christmas journal, sew a couple of presents, do more baking, and practice more watercolouring. You can see my first try on the right.
And I also want to do a little more blogging – there are a few updates to write before we put this year to bed. And I have also just realised that I haven’t sent Richard my usual end-of-year update.
(Nope, not a fan letter. Just an update. I insist on that wording!)
But until then – hope you can catch a few minutes of peace and quiet, and be ready for the festivities.