Hello and top of the mornin’ to ya. You know that comedy OTT “typical Irish” accent? Well, I am in the part of the country where the Irish accent is really musical and almost a singsong. It took us a few hours to get here, but we arrived last evening, and this was the view from our room:
It has been a long time since I was in this part of the country. In fact, Co. Cork is where I first learnt to love Ireland. I came here at the age of 14 for a language holiday, and I fell in love with the country more or less immediately. I remember thinking back then – “this is where I want to live”. And somehow I made that dream come true. But in all those years, I never went back to Cork. Until now, with my friend requesting a holiday down South.
Anyway, that is just to illustrate why I am a bit short here in this post – travelling takes time. Oh, and tumblr has been quiet. But I compiled a tiny little round-up for you:
- Guys, I don’t know what is happening with me, but I suddenly can’t stand RPF anymore. Am I getting old and boring? Well, I better let you decide yourself whether you like RPF. Here is one (not read by me) by legolaslovely
- Eyelash porn courtesy of riepu10
- Is that a derp or are you just angry to see me? Thorin, posted by fizzyxcustard
- *rofl* Where does this tweet exchange come from and why was this not posted on Twitter? Found by ra-of-light
- And harking back to last week and our community re-watch of TI, riepu10 giffed some Monet
- Intense Daniel Miller, courtesy of fizzyxcustard
- Sorry, there is a lot of fizzyxcustard in this round-up today, but this
slightly smugpicture of RA is just too good to ignore
- The latest picture of RA (from “A nearly normal family” audiobook), cropped more closely by fizzyxcustard
- Castlevania stickers? richardarmitagefanpage passes on the tweet by Adam Deats
By the way, any suggestions yet on the next re-watch?
I am travelling on today from Roscarbery towards Baltimore. Nope, not the one in Maryland, US. 😁 This Baltimore is a small village on the coast, and it’s almost as Southern as you can get on the island of Ireland. If we are lucky, we are going to take a ferry to Cape Clear, Heir or Sherkin Island today. If not, we’ll explore the seafood festival in Baltimore.
Have a lovely weekend, all!