Hello everyone and apologies for a week of silence. As you know, I was travelling last week. We returned from our tour of West Cork on Wednesday, but as usual, the impressions needed to settle before I was ready to blog again. The weekly round-up is the perfect opportunity and occasion to get back into the swing, so rest assured, you are getting your daily dose of Armitage goodies today. But before that, a quick word about the last week.
Cork City (and Co. Cork) were my first encounter with Ireland when I was 14 and on a 4-week language holiday many, many years ago. Back then, Ireland was a different country, economically depressed, very little industry, high rates of unemployment. The poorhouse of Europe, actually. In many way, however, it was even more beautiful than it is now – the landscape has stayed the same, but there are more houses now, and people have less time to stop and chat than they did back then… Nevertheless, my eyes were overwhelmed on my trip. I took many photos, and I definitely think that West Cork is up there with Connemara – and yes, even with New Zealand. For those of you who enjoy my photos of Ireland, I have put together a little slide show in this post. In case you are interested in the itinerary: We drove from Dublin via Cork City to Roscarbery on the South coast of Ireland. After the first night in Roscarbery we spent 2 nights in Baltimore from where we took a boat to Sherkin Island for a day trip. Moving on towards Bantry, we stopped to take a boat to Hare Island. We also went all the way to the Southernmost point of Ireland, Mizen Head. In Bantry we stayed in the beautifully situated Bantry House, home of the Earls of Bantry. On our last day we visited the stunning garden on Garinish Island near Glengarriff and then drove back up North, breaking the journey for an overnighter in Thurles.
And now on to what you came here for:
- TBT the best look ever, full head of hair with nape curls and stubble. All smiles. Originally posted by armitagedaily but now seen at riepu10
- Awww, what a cute little What a Guy Wants by nfcomics. It’s a deal I would gladly strike with Guy
- And talking of the hair in the neck… Here’s mezzmerizedbyrichard with the only acceptable mullet ever
- Please force yourself to look carefully at riepu10’s gifs. What’s with the bum? Is it really that prominent or is that a sword?
- There are some really nice new compilation posts out there. I like mezzmerizedbyrichard’s black tie gif set
- And just because I was there and I selfishly want to indulge in remembering, here’s a pic set from RDC5 put together by mezzmerizedbyrichard, too
- Oooh, Richard behind the scenes of the SB set. I must have seen this but I can’t remember a thing. Anybody have a link to the footage?
- A compilation of the different looks that were tried on Richard for Thorin. *phew* They definitely made the right decision! Posted by fizzyxcustard
- Some microexpressions on Richard courtesy of deepestfirefun
- And just out of nostalgia: Young Richard, compiled also by deepestfirefun
- LOL – anybody familiar with Cats the musical? Enchantingbooklover got a bit carried away when she found out that RA was in Cats
- That bit of grey on the temples totally maketh the man. Picture of Daniel Miller posted by mzperx0506universe
- I TOTALLY loved this picture set posted by riepu10! Some selfies (meh), but in this context even photo snob Guylty approves
- For Kate with love – but made by richards-smile
- OMG, and I have officially lost touch with the fan fic developments on tumblr. This appears to be an AMAZING masterlist of fan fics by deepestfirefun alone! Lots of reading material!
- And finally – because it is naughty but delicious – the definitive collection of innuendo… compiled by legacysam
Hope you enjoyed that. I did 🙂