Cramerry has only just left – is probably sitting in the airport right now – and I am passing the time with a quick post.
The lateness of the round-up this week was only marginally caused by the fact that I was travelling in the remote South of the island. To tell you the honest truth, I was close to binning this and all future tumblr round-ups. I am quite miffed about someone on tumblr basically copying my posts and reposting them as their own work. Not cool, especially when considering that I am trying to be fair here, only ever directing traffic to the tumblrers themselves rather than simply taking their content and posting it on my blog. That is why the round-up is not illustrated with the pretty pictures themselves. I want readers here to click the link, see the content – and also comment to the original posters, giving them the well-deserved credit for their work, no matter whether it is original artwork, fan fiction, gifs or even a new set compiled from old photos. It is an unwritten rule to acknowledge fellow tumblrers’ work. But this is an issue that crops up again and again on tumblr, where people repost rather than reblog. The difference is this: By reblogging, you are still sharing the content you liked but the original poster automatically still receives credit. By reposting, you are making someone else’s content your own, without giving credit. “Old” tumblrers know those rules – and if they repost complete or parts of other people’s posts, they mention the source or give credit. Disregarding such rules of fairness is – sorry to be so blunt – a bad move.
Right, now that I have vented, I can move on.
- Example of a fair repost on tumblr that actually does give credit – a funny edit originally made by the-armitage-effect, now reposted by that-place-called-middle-earth
- Gorgeous in b/w, a gif set of interview!Richard by captain-flint
- It’s possible I have linked to this before… Richard, casually leaning through the decades. Photo set by riepu10
- And riepu10 again – because this particular style of static/moving gif is just gorgeous. Daniel Miller, ladies
- Is Richard Armitage the new Sean Bean? A post by folkiisms
- In case you are not on Twitter and haven’t seen Richard’s new profile picture yet, here’s the picture posted by richardarmitagefanpage.
It was about time that he got rid of that awful Jürgen Prochnow-esque picture he used until now…
- Throwback to a painful scene from RH – poor Guy, blinking with the unfairness blackmail move by Marian. Posted by mezzmerizedbyrichard
- Deepestfirefun cropped a recent fan selfie with Richard a little closer. Haha, ever the joker… Nice pic, though!
- I particularly like the first of the images in this photo set by thewarriorandtheking
- LOL – waiting for the day when Richard asks me that and I can quote Esther Krug. Gifs by riepu10
- Fizzyxcustard is busy writing lots of fan fic. Check her current to-do list here
- ROFL – I had never heard the word, but I like the definition. Check out aaziraphales explaining what a “richisode” is
- Hehe, the kind of effect that Guy of Gisborne has on unsuspecting females… summarised by notthatmelody
- Have we had the handporn giffed by mezzmerizedbyrichard already?
Whoa, I can’t believe the week is nearly over. With Cramerry here, and travelling through some of the most beautiful parts of this island (when the mist had lifted, that is), the time passed so quickly. I think I’ll extend it now by importing my photos from Marky Mark and reliving the whole trip again.
Since the weekend is over, let me wish you a good start into the new week.
Edit: replaced an angry outburst with a more suitable word after a clarifying exchange of messages. Thank you!