Hello to another Saturday with your favourite round-up 😉. It’s been an exhausting week. I have compiled this round-up early, on Friday morning, because I have the pleasure of welcoming my RL RA friend D___ for a week’s visit in my house. [Cue insertion of picture from Berlin premiere in honour of D___ who accompanied me that day]
D___ and I watched TC together in 2014, and now we are booked to watch UV in London, too. I’ll probably spend a good while updating her with the latest goings-on in the realm of Richard’s fandom. Maybe we can even squeeze in a little piece of Richard on screen here and there. I updated my DVD library over the summer, so we have a range of shows to choose from. Maybe, with the time that’s in it, we might opt for a re-watch of NS? It has just been the 15th anniversary of NS‘s first episode appearing on TV on 14 November 2004. I wonder, are there any readers here who actually witnessed that historic event first-hand? I came across the show only much later (and dismissed it *hisssssss*), and I would love to hear from you legacy fans who were brighter than me and *immediately* recognised the charms and abilities of our favourite actor. Leave me a comment, please 😚.
While we are at it: On the occasion of the anniversary, writer and fellow fan Trudy Brasure has just launched a collection of NS stories. Titled Falling for Mr Thornton, it promises to be right up the street of any card-carrying Thornton and NS lover out there. The stories are by multiple authors and the book is available in eBook and paperback formats. The cover release (with a giveaway) is HERE. The book is already available for download HERE. I think it is truly wonderful to see how a classic book, its adaptation for screen, and its male lead have inspired creativity in this way. Congratulations to Trudy and all her fellow authors! This could be something for your Christmas wish list 😉. Just saying.
And lastly, before we fiiiiiinally get to the round-up – forgive me, but have we seen this picture?
The Lodge‘s Richard in a scene from the movie. I kind of like it. He looks a bit like a dancer, standing all straight. Or a swordsman, waiting to pounce. (Where’s all this coming from? The imagination is sparked…)
And now, finally, we get to the…
- Riepu10’s NS celebration focusses on the essentials. Mr Thornton. And his smoulderest looks from episode 1…
- Notthatmelody posts a cheeky meme of Thorin
- Some braid love by thewarriorandtheking
- Your answer for hamsolo’s question? Richard Armitage all the way, of course!
- On behalf of all the fan fics on tumblr, here is a Thorin x reader drabble by dashesofink. I don’t think I have read anything by her yet
- This post by shikin83 reminds me of Kate’s current Shag Marry Cliffs series, but just as a prompt for you: Which 10 chaRActers would *you* kiss? They’d *all* be from the Armitage oeuvre for me…
- Randomfangirlingposts is slightly obsessed. Welcome to the club!
- Raybo rides again. Gif set by riepu10
- Who is Zetterberg? And who is on *your* phone wallpaper? Post by mppcmanual
- Fizzyxcustard posts a Dr Scott White moodboard. Moody indeed
- Don’t we all, mordoriscalling, don’t we all? [insert broken heart emoji here]
- I think elstergentry is on to something
- “Doctor” Miller by riepu10 – haha, I had forgotten that
- *giggles* I just had a mental image of the scenario mentioned in this anonymous ask to fizzyxcustard
- Animated Bagginshield by chalsfanforce
- I love how you can see exactly who is being portrayed, even though this is a rough sketch. By greenforce02
- Or this one, by stygmatus. The bright blue eyes give it away *hehe*
- Did we have this look at thewarriorandtheking’s office decor already? Love how she has surrounded herself with Thorin at her place of work. I am sure it makes going to work easier!
So, that’s it. Is it really after 9pm where you are?
Enjoy your weekend!