Good morning all. The round-up today is slightly shorter – mainly for time constraints. I was pretty busy yesterday. Despite preparing as much for the listings as possible, the actual clicking and activating of auctions and items always takes so much more time than you would think. Hence I only finished uploading the items at 5pm yesterday… But as soon as the listings went live, things started to happen. We have received bids, and the little mini books have proved to be a hot seller. So before I launch into the round-up, here is a first update on the fundraiser so far:
First of all thank you for your participation so far. I hadn’t even activated *all* listings yet when the first bid on one of the items came in.
The vital statistics:
- At this point we have received bids on 14 items.
- Highest bid is currently on the Vintage Thornton RAPS, followed by the Master of the Mill RAPS and the Venetia audio book.
- The hottest item – in terms of bids – seems to be Vintage Thornton with 16 bids and 57 views.
- Donations have also come in. The total from donations is currently over 300 Euro! Thank you to all you generous donors!
- On Etsy, we have sold out! The 47 micro mini books were all gone within 6 hours! Without having deducted fees and postage yet, that means we made 470 Euro on Etsy alone. Massive thanks to all buyers!
Talking of the clean-out on Etsy: LoLo suggested that I might offer a “Custom Micro Mini Book” auction for those who missed out on the sale and might like a shot at getting one of those mini books/pins. I am happy to facilitate that. To make it worth the bidders’ while, I am offering a TWO-for-one deal: The winner of this auction decides on her own TWO custom-made micro mini books. You choose the work(s) of literature/film/show/role, and I produce them as *exclusives*, i.e. they will be one-offs. No other copies of those micro minis will be made. (Note: For copyright reasons I may have to create a new cover design of the piece in question. To be discussed with the winner.) Attention: This item is *not* auctioned off on eBay but by e-mail. Bids can be placed by e-mail to me, Guylty. This is the procedure :
- Send an e-mail with your bid to email@example.com, subject line “Bid for Custom Micro Mini Books”.
- To make things easier for me, please convert your bid to Euros. A handy converter is here.
- You will receive confirmation from me that I have received your bid (in case of delay, please bear in mind possible time-difference)
- I will update you on the bids on the blog and on my Twitter.
- Please subscribe to the comments of this post in order to get notification of bid updates.
- You may raise your bid, but please only bid if you really are prepared to win the auction (and pay).
- Bidding is open from now until 4pm GMT, Monday 02 December 2919.
- The auction winner will be notified by e-mail.
If that is not your cup of tea, bidding on eBay items continues to be open. Check the auction overview HERE.
And now… the round-up
- In case you like to have Richard’s current project prominently displayed as a banner on your SM or page, richardarmitagefanpage has four different banners for you
- Blasphemy indeed. Fizzyxcustard proves the point with this picture post of gorgeousness
- Not the most favourite of all chaRActers, but fizzyxcustard shows off her top 5 Raymond moments
- “Doctor Miller” was quite a success last week. Riepu10 follows up with more medical goodness
- My top gif this week! Mezzmerizedbyrichard proves why she loves Richard when he laughs. Convincing argument
- I can totally see why peneigh-dzredfohl uses this picture of Guy to illustrate Wolverine
- Sir Guy has such an expressive face – the micro expressions get me every time. Gif set by riepu10
- Is anyone a writer here and need a pep talk? This might do it. Or not. *distRActed*. Posted by thewarriorandtheking
Sorry – the round-up got short shrift.
With the fundraiser now up and running, I am planning to get the house ready for advent. After producing the cookie dough for two types of Christmas biscuits *last Sunday*, said dough has been resting in the fridge for six days *eeek*. It needs to be baked. And then there is the rest of the deco that has to go up… I’ll be keeping my phone close by to check into auctions and mail intermittently during the day and to possibly give updates.
Thank you for your support of the fundraiser so far – as always, you are simply *great*.