Hello there! You probably think I have gone and done a runner with the money. Nope. I am still here. (And with plenty of packages arriving soon at those of you who have bought or won something in the fundraiser, you’d have my address anyway to send some law enforcement my way… Um, come to think of it – *that* idea sounds pretty good, in case you can get Lucas North on my case…) Truth is – I had no idea how much time it was going to take to parcel up all those items! At last count it was 36 individual packages that went into the post… All auctions and sales have thus been closed on the two platforms and you should’ve received automated notifications that your items are on their way to you. Keep an eye out for them!
The good news is that the postage costs were way less than I had feared. That is due to avoiding any tracking charges this time ’round. (An Post is particularly expensive when it comes to tracking. It is 7 Euro per item – which means we saved 252 Euro by not having the packages registered. Fingers crossed that everything will arrive safely, nonetheless.) So, with everything in the post and charges already previously worked out, I now have a final number as regards the fundraiser. Based on the number I already communicated, i.e. a total of 1875.57 Euro from auctions, sale and donations – minus the postage costs, our budget for the final migration of RAnet is…
I’m afraid that various work commitments over the last few days have prevented me from having the overdue call with the developers to give the final go-ahead for the website rescue. (I was working off-site Tuesday to Thursday and was buried under back-to-back translations on Friday.) I need to write a document with the web development proposal this weekend and will send it over to my contact asap.
i’m afraid the round-up has suffered a little bit, too. But for completeness’ sake, here is a short round-up for this week:
- I call that self-medication under the guise of taking care of a friend, notthatmelody 😉
- Including this picture set of Richard by loverichardarmitage mainly for the third picture of a sugar-sweet Daniel Miller
- Somehow I have missed quite a few “hat a Guy wants posts by nfcomics. Here is a recent one
- Totally love the long neck with the exposed sternocleidomastoid muscle (yeah, I admit I had to look that up) on Porter. Set by RA-of-light
- Note to self: Keep this gif by peneigh-dzredfohl for future use when announcing auction milestones
- And yet another instalment of Dr Miller by riepu10
- I initially only saw the very first picture in this set by notthatmelody, but there is so much in here, I had to include it
- And riepu10 delves again into Richard’s early work – smug man at party
- Finally, I have to say that nitocrissss really has a point. Wjat do you think?
Apologies again for a short round-up.
Have a lovely second of advent weekend.