I can’t help but precede this week’s round-up with a few words regarding the momentous general election results in Britain. Shocked, dismayed, disappointed and mostly despairing. I am so sorry for my friends in Britain, both British and non-Brit, who will have to deal with the consequences of this vote. I still believe that Britain is making a big mistake, leaving the European Union to go it themselves. I can’t see how that is any better than staying within the framework of union. It is somewhat frustrating to be condemned to being an onlooker, when the consequences will also have an impact on my host country. But well – democracy, will of the people, etc.
Distracting us from the dire political situation, here is the round-up.
- I think this was more about the scarf than Pop!Thorin, but aquilea-of-the-lonely-mountain’s picture is so cute, I couldn’t resist including it here
- A nerdy question from nerdbirdsworld regarding TH, what else
- Right, here are the new The Stranger gifs, fresh from riepu10’s desk
- Can you remember the first time you heard Richard narrate an audiobook? Including this by notthatmelody. Short – but has a rather poignant hashtag
- All very noble, our Richard. Quote posted by tallian
- Not new, this picture, but am including this here to facilitate comparison of hair length 2013/2019. Posted by mezzmerizedbyrichard
- Thewarriorandtheking spoils us with some back acting shots
- A gif set by notthatmelody illustrating the word ‘precious’
- Including this picture set by RA-of-light because side-by-side these two pictures exactly illustrate why I can get all shrubberita over the second of the images, but the first one is just too much for me
- And finishing off with John Standring, disarmingly gorgeous, despite *that* horrible 80s anorak and the manky hair. Gifset by mezzmerizedbyrichard
Short. Hope the sweetness will soothe the political pain. At least for 10 minutes.
Otherwise wishing you all a lovely 3rd of advent. I am heading to the craft fair tomorrow morning. Load-in is from 10.30am, and the market is open from noon until 5pm. I have spent the last week organising my table set-up – I have made a little garland of flags with my “crafty” name, I printed and punched out 100 business cards, cut 100 tags to pin the individual mini book brooches to that I am selling at the markt, created 20 new junk journals, organised a card reader for cashless payment and made myself 21 Christmas cards to take along and write during the lulls in the market. Today I need to sort out a big branch from which to hang the tags with the brooches – and figure out how to keep it secured to my table. I’m planning to take pictures and to make a little video of the set-up so I can show you afterwards. Or maybe I’ll even do some live posting from the event, mobile phone battery allowing. I’m excited about the market – and am hoping that I will at least sell enough to get back the stall fee… Wish me luck 😌