Ooops. Is it a bad start into the new year that the first round-up of the new year was not ready and waiting at 8am on a Saturday morning? I have an excuse, of course I do. If you follow me on IG you may have seen it already.
The best husband of all (the ones that I have) seems to be intent on making 2020 the year to revive our now child-less marriage.
Um, well, of course we still have two children, but as of Christmas both of them have moved into their own flats. Still in our house, but while we live at the top, they are in the basement. You have no idea how far away that can be 😂. My son is sharing one of the two basement flats with his friends, and they’re totally self-sufficient down there, except for maybe the occasional request for a couple of eggs and a bag of sugar 😉. And so he has miraculously heard my suggestion of turning son’s room into our ‘library’. We desperately need shelving space for the books that are otherwise either overtaking the wallspace in dangerously high stacks, or which are languishing unseen in hidden shelves under the stairs. No sooner had I mentioned the suggestion, that he agreed to go to Ikea with me and buy four shelves. Miracle! As Ikea was the scene of an ugly marital skirmish many years ago… So, anyway, we are now working together on turning the cheap-and-ugly Ikea shelves into something that a) looks custom-made and b) fits the feel of this 200 yo house. Work is resting right now as Mr Guylty has gone hiking with Little Miss Guylty for the day. And Old Guylty has a round-up to compile anyway, so shut up, G, and go!
Yes, it had to be done. We needed a new round-up header.
- I think the new photos illustrate the climate warning even better. This one is by randomfangirlingposts
- RA-of-light compares profile and hair. Unpopular opinion: I prefer the aquiline profile from 2001!
- More profile, with preferred nose, this time from 2007. Gifs by mezzmerizedbyrichard
- Riepu10’s new year’s wishes
- Another lovely new year’s edit by richardarmitagefanpage
- In case anyone was wondering about the same thing as notthatmelody, check the comments in this post
- A Bagginshield new year. Posted by nerdeeart
- I am cheekily including these two pictures of a Guy-era Mr Awkwarditage. They actually make me laugh every time I see them. He has come such a long way since then. Thanks for the laugh to iwouldvebeendrake01
- Notthatmelody reposts a richardarmitage-confidential that fits into our recent Twitter chats about RA in Cats
- Any fannibals reading here who might by any chance be in London for UV on the 18th of January? Idontfindyouthatinteresting is organising a Francis Dolarhyde get-together that day. Get in touch via her post
- LOL – Guy has got his lips in a tangle. What a Guy Wants by nfcomics
- A nice piece of fan art for the king under the mountain – by antivancorvo
- And this one made me laugh out loud. Picture by yakichoufd
- This one, OTOH, made me roll on the floor, laughing. Posted by lindirs-gaze
Good to end on a funny note, right? So I’ll leave it at that and just add a quick personal note: Sorry for having been a lazy replier to your e-mails, DMs and comments. Next week we are truly back to the routine, and hopefully I will catch up then.
Happy new year everyone!