The great thing about missing a round-up? That is catching up with double the fun the next week! Hello and sorry for the radio silence. You know me… once out of step, Guylty finds it hard to commit to coming back.
Commitment issues, yeah right. Having said that – the reason I didn’t post last weekend was a short break in Germany with all the family on the occasion of my mother’s 70th birthday. As is the custom in (Northern) Germany, it was a big affair, but semi-formal this time, as it was not an evening dinner but a lunchtime, sit-down meal of a traditional local winter dish. We started off with a little walk to my dad’s ginkgo tree where all participants (half the invited guests are older than my mum and not necessarily avid walkers anymore) were greeted with a traditional schnapps. From there it was back to the restaurant for the meal with coffee and cake in the afternoon and finally one for the road at about 7pm. It was great fun, and even though I realise that our local speciality does not look particularly attractive on the plate – plus, I won’t even tell you what it is called; its name sounds worse than it already looks – it was delicious and brought back many memories.
Anyway, sorry for the detour, you have come here for the round-up, and the round-up you shall have.
- Riepu10 says “just Guy”. But listen, how could Guy ever be “just”…
- For the Cats enthusiasts among you (I am looking at one person in particular), maybe this post by grumpy-jellicle-cat makes sense? I couldn’t really see RA in any of the shots, but then again…
- Lip-smackingly good gifs of Adam by spensermonroe
- This had never occurred to me, but peneigh-dzredfohl has a point. The curly hair is the give-away
- I hadn’t seen the My Zoe trailer in English yet. And strangely, with the non-dubbed, original voices there now, it suddenly feels much more interesting and real to me. Trailer posted by deepestfirefun
- I don’t think I will ever watch The Lodge, but I could look at a million screenshots of Richard drinking water. Thank you to deepestfirefun again
- The stuff of a thousand fangirls’ dreams. Thank you, Riepu10
- Throwback to RDC5 with this picture of RA’s signature and comment in gatissed’s signed book
- Interesting reinterpretation of a much-loved scene in TS, giffed and put together by mezzmerizedbyrichard
- Richardarmitagefanpage has a few new pics of RA – from TS set and last week’s Graham Norton radio show
- Also by richardarmitagefanpage – cool fan art/birthday cards
- Great interpretation by crazytxgradstudent of the well-known theatre picture of Astrov wet and drunk. You know what? I would love to make this a series of posts where we look at pictures and re-interpret them for a different chaRActer
- This two-gif-set by riepu10 is in the same category as the one from SDCC of Richard simply breathing. Another thing that I could watch for hours 😂
- Ooooh, Valentine’s Day. I totally missed it. Here’s richardarmitagefanpage’s gift for you
- Nice one… Anthony Head on playing Adam’s father… And lovely Richard being as complimentary as usual. Found by richardarmitagefanpage
- Riepu10’s Valentine’s cards – always good
- Ride a horse with him??? *raises eyebrow* Ooookay, omgopalsapphire
- Nice manip for Valentine’s Day by nellindreams
- 21st century Thornton? A comic sketch by skepticalfrog
- If you haven’t seen it yet on Twitter – sinnaminie has plushified Astrov. This is really cute, and I am sure tempted to have this one in my collection
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard has also focussed on Adam’s lips…
- If I hadn’t already binged TS, mzannthropy would have completely convinced me. Convincing arguments
- He’s never been in *my* home town, but I kind of understand the feeling that theliveshipparagon describes
- I know, daddy!Armitage doesn’t really rock everybody’s boat, but I think mezzmerizedbyrichard’s gif set might warm a few hearts here and there
- I have to admit that those family pictures from TS made me want to see a whole spin-off about the pre-drama times of the Prices… Picture posted by richardarmitagefanpage
- All the official pictures from Richard’s appearance on Lorraine in one handy photo set by fullerology.
Man, he looks great at the mo…
- WORD! mzannthropy
- Nice! Richard Armitage – or rather: Guy of Gisborne als live action Trevor Belmont. By indigoneutrino
- Seeing this gif (plus comment) by yorkshirewench, I am beginning to agree with the suggestion of RA as Jackman and Siobhan Finneran as Marie Evans…
- Seriously, “lose the hat, dad”! That also applies to you, Richard!!!! Gifs by riepu10
Right, 30 items? Got to be a new record here!? And I haven’t even delved in the other tags apart from #richardarmitage. Yep, as I said, sometimes it is actually a good thing when I miss a week.
Hope you have enjoyed that. Quick shout-out to everyone who has commented in the last while. I will catch up, soon, also with my e-mails. Apologies for my lack of replying. Yeah, I admit I was lazy. But then I was also completely distracted the last couple of days because RAnet had suddenly developed a major hiccup: For most of Thursday and Friday the site was stuck on a round-about. Well, or in tech terms: it was endlessly redirecting, which meant the site was not accessible. Added to the problem was that for some reason my login details suddenly did not work anymore and I was unable to re-set my password. It took several hours on live chat with my hoster’s support team to sort out the issue. But it *has* been sorted, the site is up and running again. Phew.
We all deserve a nice long weekend now!