Day 4 of my social media Lent. I’m still doing ok – and I have finally put my new craft room into operation. Result: a junk journal and a chaotic desk 😂. That was to be expected, I guess. I intend to tidy up and then do a craft room tour video – so I have everlasting truth that *once* I had a beautiful new craft room. I am also currently working on a few goodies that I intend to take with me to London the next time I see UV. The fannibals have inspired me in that respect – I loved that they kind of came laden with bits of fan art and all sorts of goodies from hand-made, dangly book marks to stickers and badges which they handed out to fellow fans. And that also included “impostors” like me. What a lovely idea to spread some fandom fun that way.
Let’s get to the round-up!
- Oooh, this gif set by riepu10 of Guy with a bow and arrow makes me think of RA saying that he’d love to be a good shot with the bow
- That first gif in this set also by riepu10… well, if you *only* knew that Adam was in the bathroom, you might get the wrong idea 😂
- Fan art by theelvenvalkyrie of RA as an elf – convincing
- Deepestfirefun has screen capped the Audible interview. Ready-made material for next Valentine’s Day, with *that* pink backdrop?
- And here we are with moving pictures. Thanks to riepu10 for the fan service!
- Sorry, I am bit riepu-phile today, but this mailbox scene from TS just *has to* be included here, too, it’s just too grate
- A gorgeous piece of Thorin fan art, posted by eldamaranquendi but attributed to Ksenia Zelentsova. Reminds me of Jim Fitzpatrick’s colourful and gorgeous Celtic inspired glass art
- For a bit of fluff, read this head canon of ‘sleeping with Thorin’ – as in: sleeping, not the indoor sports falsely labeled that way. By mouseymatchmaker
- I can fully get behind What a Guy Wants by nfcomics
- Any chaRActer appreciation post, random or not, is always welcome. Thank you to fizzyxcustard
Hm, that was short. Maybe I should’ve paced myself last week. So, well, shall we talk about something else? No doubt you have already watched this:
Some interesting questions there – no doubt they edited things a bit to get some nice questions that would also suit the promo for The Patient Man 😉. In any case, it’s always cool to recognise names in these Q&As.
Two old northern birds 😂 👍🏻. And it’s nice to hear more about the process of recording an audio book. I thought it was interesting when he said that the interpretation is basically his, and that he likes this process because it means he is basically the director of the piece. Ties in neatly with his interest in directing, I guess. The Jackman & Evans answer was not new to me – he said exactly the same thing a year ago at RDC5. Fingers crossed that something will happen on that front. It might help that he is now the headline actor for a hit show; and that he has also renewed his contacts within the UK-based film industry through the show. (Did somebody also mention that he was seen going to dinner with producer Gina Carter after a recent UV performance?)
Generally loved how casual he was in this Q&A – including trademark dead-pan humour. That extends to the woolly jumper.
Jumper, Richard, jumper. Not sweater, as you called it in your tweet. *tuttuttut* Are you losing your accent? That would be rather unfortunate, as it is one of your best assets!
Back to the Q&A – if there was one thing that slightly irritated me, it was the way Richard kept slinging away the little question papers with a flourish. Yeah, I guess it was meant to be flamboyant and funny. I am a mimosa and way over-sensitive when it comes to RA’s rare interactions with fans but I felt that his gesture *could* come across as dismissive of both the question and those who inquired. Even though my question was not chosen
as usual, that little gesture made me feel a bit like Bridget Jones.
Right. That’s it for today. Sorry it’s been so short.
Enjoy the weekend, lovelies!