The home improvements are continuing, and I have a sneaky plan involving the collected outgrown denims of the past 10 years. What are you planning for the weekend? Let’s kick it off with the round-up:
- Antigonemorris’ Guy fan fiction goes to chapters 8 and 9 – with a little luuuuuuurve 😉
- Ausschweifendemotte has isolated that picture from the cover of the Chekhov Short Stories
- I had to chuckle, too, when I saw this Guy gif by circusgifs
- Innocent, yeah, right… Not quite so sure about that, but it makes a good meme. Posted by robinhoodmemes
- I have the strong feeling that I am missing something in this latest What a Guy Wants instalment by nfcomics. Swallows? … Arrrrgh. Oh, *swallows*… 😳
- For those of you who liked yesterday’s new photo of Richard, mzperx0506universe has cropped and resized the image. Makes it much easier to really see the look on his face. Confident? Amused? Slightly smug? All of that?
- A Guy edit by antigonemorris
- The aptly named aboutgorgeousmen posts some screenshots of Adam Price. *puppy eyes*…
- Acting with his back *coughs*. Thank you to riepu10 for this convincing gif set
- I have never been particularly fond of the Romeo & Juliet audio book, so I read this little reaction piece by lavender-lizzy with interest. It’s quite a while since I listened to the book (summer of 2018), but I remember finding the characters somewhat pastiche and 21st century… Not sure whether I want to listen to it again to check, though
- This week mezzmerizedbyrichard raided her gif folder for scenes from interviews. A wide variety of hair styles and other assorted hair
- Maxkiki summarises Guy’s sad story in RH
- Sorry, this is daddy!Armitage, but it always makes me smile to see this little scene of Gary and boys. Posted by acebodhi
There, some nice pics, right?
I haven’t yet listened to the Empire podcast that was also released yesterday. (I’ll probably put it on when I am working through the above denim mess after lunch.) In fandom terms, I realised somethin, though: With not just one but two, if not three, news pieces about RA dropping, I felt motivated to think about, consider and write a (few) blog post(s) for the first time in weeks. Ergo: My blogging lethargy is directly proportional to the amount of news coming out.
Ok, and a few other things, but they are within my own scope of changing. Conversely and unfortunately, another very nasty realisation has also come to me: I have developed an obnoxious sense of entitlement and expectation that keeps interfering with my mood and mojo. I don’t particularly *like* feeling like this. Especially as I more often than not feel as if I am gagging myself, not allowing myself to express what I *really* think. I have been trying to figure out what the best way of tackling that is. Blog less and remove the feeling of entitlement? Blog more to have a reason for and to reinforce my expectations? Disable the comment function in order to remove the temptation of pandering to the audience? Make the blog entirely private to stay safe and happy in my homely little echo chamber? Or is this actually something that has more to do with other social media rather than the blog itself? Is Twitter poisoning my brain? These are some questions that I am mulling over at the moment, so don’t be surprised if there are some blog changes coming up.
Enjoy your weekend, everyone!