The silence on my blog this week may actually speak volumes. In a good way. Yesterday I had my call with the people who offered me a new job, and the plan for our cooperation is now cut and dry. I am starting my work this weekend with a translation, but after that we are off with content written by myself. It is a new area of expertise for me and will require a bit of research, but I think it might actually be refreshing and enjoyable to write about fashion.
Yes, fashion, you have read it correctly. And no, I am not offended if you are guffawing at that. I have said it over and over that I am fashion-illiterate. But as a writer I have always maintained that there is (almost) nothing that you can’t study and research in order to write about it with confidence and expertise. – Funnily enough, when it comes, it comes in droves. And after 4 months of idleness, the week I got offered this fashion contract, I was also asked to write content for a health app, and a batch of German language exam papers landed on my desk for review. That explains my silence during the last week – and may be a hint of the future. Mind you, I personally believe that my new workload may actually be good for the blog. Even though I write for a living, I still enjoy writing for recreation. In the last while, my writing was all recreational, yet somewhat felt like a self-imposed obligation. I can now look forward to having writing work that I will balance out with the lighter and more light-hearted blogging.
Change of topic. I was in the middle of writing the round-up post when someone pointed out RA’s recent “like” on Twitter. Now, I don’t follow RA on Twitter (too much excitement), so I hadn’t noticed it before. Not sure if you saw it, but I was wondering what your thoughts are on celebrities who like “bikini photos” of their fans? Or tweets that carry the weight of heavy expectations? Am I the only one who finds it problematic? Genuine questions, because I don’t want to stir trouble, yet also don’t believe that RA is above and beyond criticism. We seem to be seeing a new Twitter behaviour here, and I am not sure whether I like it tbh. (If we are discussing this in the comments, let’s try to do so in a respectful manner, though.)
Ad res. New header.
- Interesting observation by maxkiki – I only watched Pilgrimage once and certainly did not recall that…
- In case you haven’t seen this on Twitter, richardarmitagefanpage put together Richard’s tweets on the lack of emergency funding for arts in the UK with the replies from his blue tick friends
- Laugh of the day: Riepu10 has giffed Richard’s own filter fun #moustacheofevil
- 😭 So those muscles were all fake!!! 😉 Shirtless Thorin by thewarriorandtheking
- I usually don’t include reposts of work by other artists, but since we are a bit short of content this week, here is a gorgeous piece of fan art, reposted by angelpretend
- Some fierce Thorin, by thewarriorandtheking again
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard has compiled her gifs that show Richard and his fans at the red carpet etc
- Riepu10 has put two and two together. The scarf picture (which is now also the round-up header) was taken by Big Finish as the basis of their Rassilon edit
- LOL, including this here for the spot-on fan reaction. Posted by cool-stuffandthings
- Naughty nfcomics again… But yeah, I had to laugh at this What a Guy Wants
Here we go, ten is the number.
I leave you with a few pretty flowers. I am delighted that the morning glories and the corn flowers that I sowed in May, have finally come into bloom.