A mid-day round-up today because I went to the recycling yard with Mr Guylty this morning, followed by a lovely walk and a (take-away) coffee. We had to dump our collected recycling – and of course what happens is that Sonja picks up new rubbish while at the recycling yard 😂.
Someone had thrown out this tray table. It’s in working order (although screws need to be tightened) but looks in bad nick. Judging by the green stains, it must have been kept outside. So this afternoon will probably be spent sanding and painting the table, possibly with a bit of decoupage thrown in. Not sure yet what I will do with the frames that I picked up. I’ll probably give them a coat of paint, too, and turn them into chalkboards or trays or picture frames. We’ll see.
Yesterday I had a long conversation with my daughter about the baffling Audible tweet campaign. I am still trying to get to the bottom of it all, and it seems as if my suspicions may be right: I may simply be too old for this shit. 😂 Little Miss Guylty explained to me that supersimple picture edits where only one word (often seemingly context-less) is edited onto a picture, are a big thing for young people on social media. She wasn’t necessarily aware of such edits with *names*, but otherwise she seemed to imply that there is some sort of humour implied in such edits. *coughs* Ooooookayyyyyyy?! She was pretty scathing, however, about “companies that try to appear young, but always look stupid doing so”. Neither Little Miss nor I are experts in this, but yeah, it looks to me as if this was intended for a younger target audience.
Again, scathingly, Little Miss maintained that “no one in her generation knows Armitage anyway”, so it looks a bit like a complete fail to me. However, I have also learnt something else: My lightness of fangirling is missing if I am continuously trying to make sense of stuff. Maybe *she revolutionarily ponders* there is no point to this at all, except silly, senseless fun? Maybe I should just enjoy the photos and disregard any words? Maybe there is no “why”, just a “this”?
Well, fwiw, I still quite like the pictures. Skinny or not, I totally like that hairstyle on RA, I love the rolled-up sleeves, and the leather wristbands. And the shrubbery actually looks quite cool on him there.
It helps that the example picture above has been cleaned off the name; thank you to Mezz from whom I snaffled this image.
Let’s head to the round-up.
- These scene-by-scene posts by drldboer are always great for details. In the show itself, the moment passed so quickly, I never really noticed the detail of the wall of pictures at the end of TS
- Thorin and Trevor in two seperate pieces of fan art by angie0919
- Here we go, the perfect reaction gif. (He should’ve known that was coming…) Gif by Kate – reposted by deepestfirefun
- This is loooong but so fun: A totally subjective ranking of RA by nazghoulz, based on screen shots of his various characters. Don’t expect any logic in this – it’s just *one* person’s opinion. But it’s a fun exercise. Do you agree(disagree? Where and which character? And maybe we should do something like that in blog world, too?
- Because access is easier, I repeat here the Audible fan art pictures from the two Audible tweet series’ the other day, compiled by richardarmitagefanpage
- Riepu10’s gifs from the Audible 59 seconds video are way better than the video itself. Lots of pretty Armitage to look at, without distracting comments
- Not quite sure what this refers to, but I do like this fan edit by call-me-aureum
- *coughs* Hard not to reblog this gif set. By riepu10
- Ausschweifendemotte has cropped and blown up the new picture used by Digital Theatre. (If that is a recent image, he looks a bit chunkier and fuller in the face at the moment… Covid-kilos? 😉)
- I had to laugh out loud at this description of Hannibal season 3 by elizabethplaid who isn’t necessarily a fan of Armitage and/or the show
- If you can’t go to Spain on your summer hols, you can still watch Trevor Price in Spain, courtesy of riepu10
- Now, this is a positively *harmless* What a Guy Wants 😂. What’s happened, nfcomics???? 😉
- Supercute Thorin on the throne. By erica-cyt
Thirteen, lucky number.
Before I go, here’s a little 2020 RA Birthday Auctions update: I spent all afternoon yesterday photographing and noting down the sizes and defining characteristics of the auction items.
As I have hinted before, we are looking at a bigger auction than ever. I had actually sworn to myself that I would not ever have as big an auction as the last time – to avoid stress when the auctions close and some winners expect *immediate* notifications by e-mail and/or explanation how to proceed further. But with the heap of donations that have come in since last year, plus a massive number of creative contributions in the last couple of months, as well as the need to auction off the Flat Richie left-overs, I am looking at a 40-auctions-fundraiser 😱. Nah, not to worry, it’s ok. It’s my own choice – because I want to scale down the “auction item stash”. But just to say there’ll be plenty of items, and across a range of prices… And I look forward to it! With the majority of photography done, I will no proceed to preparing the descriptions and texts.
As for a little job interview update: Well, the recruiter had said to me prior to the interview that I would hear back the next day (i.e. Friday). The interviewers themselves said that it would be within the week. My own experience tells me that a company that *definitely* wants a candidate, would’ve made up their mind within 24hrs. So *hooray* it looks as if I will be free a little longer 😉.
I’m having lunch now. Hope you’ll have a lovely weekend!