Richard really has been throwing himself into campaigning for theatre lately. Well, with Covid wreaking havoc in an industry that relies on live events that are held in indoor spaces where social distancing is simply impossible, campaigning on behalf of the performing arts is badly needed and also very much welcome by those who enjoy theatre.
It’s understandable that Richard comes at his campaign from the POV of a performer. He extols the performing artist’s uniqueness and their singular way of communicating ideas, emotions and stories to others, hence art is not a luxury but a necessity in any society. Agreed, although I am missing a little more consideration and empathy for all the other participants in the theatre industry too, without whom the performers would not be able to communicate with society – all the other staff that makes this industry viable (despite the UK government’s best efforts to misrepresent the theatre industry as generally unable to generate profits). BTW, I wasn’t quite sure I understood his second tweet: “Despite our deepest human instincts of kindness and compassion, art crosses boundaries.” Does he mean physical boundaries such as borders (as in: the (indirect) border crossed by an English production of Uncle Vanya while taking the play back to its homeland of Russia) which art crosses so easily and with greater effect than all diplomatic efforts by government? Or is he talking about boundaries of taste and convention? Eh, but why “despite kindness and compassion”? Shouldn’t that be because of the kindness and compassion that is a universal human feeling? Non comprende 🤯 😳
However, it could be that I am still in a shellfish induced haze.
What are the effects of a protein overdose? Last night we had our friend from Northern Ireland for dinner. (Within guidelines! You may receive visitors from 1 other household at home.) Good old S___ brought four bags full of fishy gifts. Too much for four adults to eat. And since you can’t very well freeze shellfish, we relegated a turbot the size of a family-size pizza, 4 breams and 2 smoked cod to the freezer while we prepared a shellfish extravaganza. In the end we each had a starter of a main course-helping of mussels in cider, then a main course of one lobster each (accompanied by boiled potatoes and creamed leek), and finally, instead of dessert, a heap of Dublin Bay Prawns aka langoustines. I didn’t take any photos, but oh cod, I was in heaven because I lovelovelove anything that lives under water. That whole meal took about 2 hours, and I completely missed all the Armitage tweeting yesterday, too…
But let’s see what tumblr has to offer this week:
- Starting off with a question by madambaggio and often pondered by the collective fandom of Mr A. Answers on a postcard (or in the comments below). Oh, and personally I think it is because of the contradiction between the roles and the character of the actor himself that becomes ever more evident once you start delving into his oeuvre)
- LOL. Maybe, if I look at this edit by call-me-aureum on Monday, the opposite will be the case?
- Poor Gizzy. But he still looks pretty. Set of gifs by riepu10
- A gorgeous manip by riepu10 again, that puts Astrov from all angles into one images
- Ha! Grimweaver is absolutely right
- Richardarmitagefanpage has a nice picture of the complete Metro 60 second interview with Richard last week
- Two gifs of Trevor Price by riepu10. And look, I found Daniel/Trevor very attractive *coughs*, but when I see these gifs (given that they are of a moment where Trevor looks as if he has just looked into a grave – literally) and then look at current RA with #RomanticHeroHair – by cod, it’s almost as if it is a different man…
- Eh. WTF is that? I mean, literally, what is that? (Note to self: must follow RA on IG via my S&S account because otherwise I miss his posts. This one was screenshot for tumblr by richardarmitagefanpage)
- The new Astrov picture in a larger crop by jassy2101
- The NS kiss – and then the little gif from the interview with RA. Perfectly combined in a gif set by astrovian. Don’t you love the shy but also slightly cheeky smile on young RA?
- *sniggers* A bit of smutty fun via What a Guy Wants by nfcomics
I’ll leave it here. I have to go back to my fish.
Have a lovely weekend, all!