Last week I was thinking that Christmas this year is going to be quite different from the usual. An opportunity to do something different, including starting the preparations for it early – and enjoying it longer. Christmas baking, decorating the house with wreaths and vases of pine and fir, and lighting candles every evening. And then I just realised yesterday that the first of advent is actually *next weekend* 😱 So I am not earlier than usual *at all*. However, what is different this year, is that I really feel in the mood for decorating and baking and making the house look festive. It’s something for the soul – making me happy in my home while the uncertainty of the virus is still hanging over us. I started the Christmas baking yesterday and have the first two types of Christmas cookies under my belt. Two more to follow today.
I have to be early with this because I am planning to send a tin each of cookies to my son and my mum. Next step in the Christmas prep: make the advent wreath and the wreath for the front door. Usually my hubs and I get some fir from the roadside at my in-laws for my wreath needs. With lockdown forcing us to stay in a very urban, city centre 5 kilometre radius, I won’t get my hands on any pine any time soon. But well, 2020 everything is different. I’ll make do with the evergreens I have in my garden, although they are not necessarily associated with Christmas – such as leaves from the bay tree, some box sprigs, the curly leaves of an evergreen whose name I don’t know, possibly even the delicately leafed branches of a jasmine bush. And holly, of course. I wonder how that will turn out…
Ok, I am rambling on. New header. And this one is actually from a Christmas card I received two years ago! So, not my own work but I___’s – also known as the proprietor of mininottingham over on tumblr. It was just too good, I had to keep it. And now Guy makes a very sexy, albeit grumpy, bearer of Christmas gifts… Anyway, off we go now into the wilds of tumblr…
- Starting off with a fellow crafter who makes dolls. Here is Thorin Oakenshield, made by redcapartdoll
- Some new gifs of Adam Price from TS, made by riepu10 (who just celebrated her birthday – give her some love ;-))
- Lathalea’s Hobbit watch continues with the DOS Appendices
- I don’t get this at all – what’s with Mr Thornton and glasses? Do you understand what asdthatsme means?
- Just because that is up there is one of my favourite shoots – TBT Lucas-era Richard. Posted by lovethoseskinnylads
- Timeladyjanie does the 30 Days of BBC Robin Hood Challenge and deems her favourite character – Guy of Gisborne. Now, that’s what I like to read 😉
- Richardarmitagefanpage posted these stills on Love Theatre Day. We are missing Kenneth 😉
- Astrovian has discovered Richard as Daniel Miller
- Some more info about the upcoming Harlan Coben serial Stay Close via richardarmitagefanpage and imdb: it’ll be an 8 episode piece
- Baby it’s cold outside. Daniel Miller with a beanie – courtesy of Astrovian
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard is focussing on a thoughtful Guy
- *giggles* well, that feels very much in character for Marian. And is not What a Guy Wants… posted by nfcomics
Did I say something up there about cutting evergreens from the garden? Well, the long suffering hubs has just brought a massive table-load of greenery in from the garden. I guess I know what I am doing this afternoon.
Before I go, a quick small business shout-out. I came across this amazing textile artist called Karen Pleass the other day. Her pieces are one-of-a-kind and amazingly detailed, cute scenes. They almost look painted, but are entirely sewn.
You can find her work on Etsy. I think I need to buy something from her. Maybe a little pin like the blackbird up there – for my mum.
Have a lovely Sunday ❤️