Such an exciting day today! Guess what? I have just sent my first ever online grocery shopping order. 😂 Yes, in Covid times, even the most mundane of tasks can become extraordinary. But well, with Covid numbers still worryingly high here, and now also the virus in our house, I’ve decided to minimise risks and *not* go shopping myself. Before you get too worried – when I say the virus is “in our house”, I am referring to the basement flat that is rented out to tenants and is separate from our flat. While my son is still in Berlin, his flat has been let to a friend of his who lives there with his girlfriend. The girlfriend works in a nursing home and tested positive for Covid last Wednesday. We haven’t had any contact with them at all in the last months, and we use separate entrances to our respective flats. However, there is a joining door to the back basement where our laundry room is located. The tenants often leave the door open in order to let our cat in. And so currently our cat is our biggest worry. He had been in J___ and N___’s flat prior to the Covid diagnosis, and theoretically it *is* possible for cats to contract Covid – and to pass it on to other humans. I’ve tried to find out more about this, but there are conflicting messages. So we are currently working from the premise that the cat *could* carry the virus. Don’t worry, we have not abandoned him. He is still here, and he gets fed and watered. However, we are trying not to touch him, and to not let him get too close (although I do let him sit on my legs when I am watching TV in the evenings). It seems cruel to ignore him so much, even though cats per se are so independent and can do pretty well without constant attention from their humans. But yeah, there’s always something to worry about, right? Fingers crossed that we get through this unharmed. – The tenants, meanwhile, are ok and apparently only suffering mild symptoms. I am going to put together a little fruit basket for them today.
But now for some more uplifting news… I was busy last night liking and reblogging posts on tumblr to make it easier for me to put together the round-up today. So if you are following me on tumblr, you may have already seen the following items.
- *coughs* demand-avoidant-nhs may have a point there as regards the general premise of RH
- And on the topic of RH – not entirely sure whether this is a re-post, but here is a RH Challenge that might be fun in order to pass the time. Posted by chaoticbitheatrekid
- *LOL* – honestly, Marian, I don’t think you need to *persuade* Guy to take you home… It’s what a Guy wants, anyway. (See what I did there? What a Guy Wants by nfcomics)
- Sorry for the plethora of Guy links, but here is another one with edits by guyofgisbourne that I liked
- Incorrectbbcrobinhood has posted this mini dialogue. Haha
- And now for some gorgeous Astrov, courtesy of riepu10. I really wouldn’t mind a glass of vodka myself now. Of course, only for medicinal purposes of killing germs and viruses
- Macho Guy with these kind of camp quotes is always funny. Posted by merthelin
- Have we already had these Guy icons by zuzcreation?
- Young RA as Peter Macduff – the forehead frown and the characteristic little nod are already in place. Gifs by riepu10
- Oh my oh my. astrovian posted lots of gifs of James from MZ this week. I really didn’t know which set to choose. But here is one with some extra hand porn – architect James at work
- I usually do not link to commercial posts, but since above mentioned astrovian has entertained us so much in the last year with her gifs and posts, here is a text post from her that contains a link to her Redbubble site where you could buy one of her designs in case you wanted to thank her for her fan service…
- I could not agree more with colonelfitzwilliams. It is a crime, and a Gaskell hero, imho, is unfortunately no adequate replacement
Hope you have a lovely weekend. Mine looks wet and windy, but hooray, I don’t have to leave the house to go shopping *confetti*
Take care, stay safe,