Happy Sunday, all. I am having a busy weekend – work *hooray*.
Who would’ve thought that we’d get to the point where we are ecstatically happy because we are able to work??? A big 6,000-word translation on the future of audience addressability (yep, I am at it again with digital advertising) takes a couple of days, so I am working this weekend. Especially so because I took yesterday off as it was Mr Guylty’s birthday. Not that we were able to put on the usual hike-and-picnic-on-a-mountain. It was all contained in our house. But Little Miss Guylty baked a lovely tea brack and we had it in front of the big fireplace in the grand salon. Mr Cat looked on (see right).
A big thank you goes out this week to LoLo and Allyson who sent me lovely Valentine’s cards. ❤️
And the usual Covid update from Ireland – is dire. Our current lockdown – in place since 26 December – was going to end on 5 March. However, the government has already said that it will likely be extended until May… Another nine weeks of restrictions: Staying at home, unless essential worker. Exercise only within 5km of our home. Working from home; schools and colleges are closed. No visits to other households except for essential purposes. Only essential retail is open, so basically only supermarkets, pharmacies, bakeries, newsagents. Bars, cafes and restaurants are closed except for take-away food and delivery. Construction work is also closed, with few exceptions.
We still have more daily new cases than in the first wave of the pandemic in April – and now 90% of all cases tested here are the UK variant. The good news is that the curve has gone down considerably (see left) and apparently the vaccinations are now moving on to people over 70 and those with certain medical conditions – it would be a great worry off my chest if Mr Guylty received the vaccination soon.
Meanwhile, I have completely given up hope that we might be able to visit my mother again some time in the summer. There are restrictions on travel into Ireland and travel abroad, i.e. we are isolated on our little island, and it doesn’t look as if that will lift very quickly. That’s all for the best, of course, but I am sad I cannot go and see my mum. It is now exactly a year since I was last with her in Germany…
But hey, let’s not wallow. There are good things, nice things to look at. Which is why we have the weekly round-up. Enjoy!
- Let’s kick off with a lovely story of a fan encounter, shared by thecurioussimmeruk. It already happened two years ago, but happy stories never get old
- Astrovian has posted plenty of gorgeous screenshots again. Currently she is working through TS – and this is a delicacy that I can’t keep from you
- Never not repost hand porn. Also by astrovian
- One track mind a la life-1n-technicolour. Sounds about right
- Shealwaystakesitblack has created a beautiful keepsake box. Have a look here
- And some more Astrov from sgt-dignam
- Get in on the speculation re. RA’s look in Stay Close, kicked off by astrovian (but linking to my own re-blog of it with comment)
- Sullivan talking about dirty humans… while having muddy fingers himself. Gifs by riepu10
- How supercool is that? And how did I miss this? Astrovian has done a ranking of all Adam Price outfits. And apparently Daniel Miller before that. Check it out here
That last post linked to is long enough to keep you distracted for a bit 😉
Have a lovely Sunday and stay safe!