First up, apologies for my whining yesterday. I really don’t like myself in moan-mode, but yeah, I’m having a hard time at the moment. At least I have taken action and made a GP appointment for next Tuesday. The new reality: No face-to-face consultation. The doctor is going to give me a phone call at the agreed time… Not sure whether that is only for vetting purposes or whether all anamnesis is now done remotely. The good news from yesterday were that my parents-in-law both received their first vaccination shot this week. There’s *one* worry off my chest 🥳
So let’s take the distraction to tumblr and see what our fan sisters over there have got for us this week.
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard has put some of the An Le photos of Richard into one set – I feel that the pictures somehow look better in a collage than on their own…
- If you haven’t yet seen it on Twitter, here is aninomori’s latest water colour. She has chosen to paint Raybo Merville, and while he is not my favourite chaRActer by far, I have to say I am fascinated by this drawing. Check how this monochrome portrait really comes to life thanks to allowing just *one* detail to stand out with red ink – the scar. The blood red colour chosen is just stunning!
- A revisit of the Hobbit set thanks to this compilation of gifs by mezzmerizedbyrichard. These are really lovely gifs from bts, and I am particularly taken with gif number 4 because somehow it appears as if RA is looking straight into the camera 😍
- Following on from last weeksb appearance of a chunky knit cardi on the VoD special, astrovian has put together a chunky knit set
- Big love to riepu10 for this most comprehensive chaRActers-in-glasses set! Totally on-spec, haha. So, who wears it best? I’m having a hard time deciding between Adam’s sexy, serious and chunky number, or the stylish and subtle Mykita frames sported by architect James
- Astrovian finds reasons to celebrate.
And leaves out the most important item of all – THE STUBBLE
- I laughed out loud at the picture post by shealwaystakesitblack. Her picture description is just so true. And hey, perfect starting point for a little fan fic. I mean, could be a modern!Bagginshield AU. Or ok, could also be gender swapped if necessary. But the premise of “dorky teacher” obsessing over “famous actor” should be pretty easy to write 😂
- Nothing to add to this comment by jacnaylor. Sounds absolutely realistic to me
- Haha, Guy can move quite fast if he wants to… What a Guy Wants by nfcomics
- Does it make you laugh, too? Admittedly, it feels slightly incongruous, but then this was still in early-ish days of RA’s career… But yeah, “emo dude” *rofl*. Comment by sunflowers-insherwood
- A reappraisal of Thorin by sleepy-santiago
- Including this meme/cartoon-y thing by gandilf-the-gay mainly because the intentionally crappy edits just look so funny
- A pencil portrait of Astrov by xsafronixs-blog
- And while this piece of Thorin fan art does not resemble RA at all, I just love the personal style of this artwork. Thorin with ponytail – by whocameupwiththilbo
Tomorrow is Mother’s Day over here in Ireland (and UK, too, right?). Is that why RA has already recycled his International Women’s Day post from Monday?
Nice, Richard. But hey, no thanks necessary. Just keep appearing in your casual, stubbly, leather jacket look… that’ll be a nice gift for your women fans 😍