Good morning, world. I do not want to miss another round-up this week. But before I launch into it, I just wanted to say a huge big thank you for your wonderful responses and messages re. my husband. I have felt the power of positive thoughts before and once again I feel that the blow of my husband’s hospitalisation has been softened by the love, vibes and prayers you have sent my way. Even if I haven’t replied to everyone of you individually, please know that I *very much* appreciate that you have thought of Mr Guylty and me. It makes a difference, I am certain of that.
But now the round-up, which I hope is going to be big and juicy, due to missing last week. Here goes…
- As a little nod to the links recently posted here on my blog to UATSC, I am including here a set of gifs made by mezzmerizedbyrichard of Chop
- Huh? What is colonelfitzwilliams on about? Lack of fan fiction??? Maybe we need to get in touch and post a few links. I actually recently read a really nice NS fan fiction from 2020 that reminded me how good fan-written fiction can be
- LOL sunnibits saw a selfie of Richard which I really dislike – but she turned it into a funny piece of fan art
- Mininottingham is giving a little insight into Guy and Marian’s bedroom. No worries, totally SFW!
- OMG, this clip had me literally chortle with laughter. Corruptedchopsticks has done a thing with Astrov. This is hilarious. Someone should tweet this at Richard. I think he’d find it really amusing
- How much confidence does it take to discuss RA openly on Twitter, asks astrovian. It’s an interesting question that we have discussed a lot over time. I occasionally voice my opinions pretty openly on Twitter, too, but have never really felt that RA takes much notice of his Twitter audience, anyway…
- Which two things do *you* wish RA would divulge? Here are astrovian’s choices
- Astrovian also “doodles”. Check out these cute drawings of various RA roles. My personal favourite is Ray. Camera porn, of course…
- Guy and his sword. This is exactly what you think it is. Made by riepu10
- Pretty NS lock screen designs made by mockscreens
- A close look at Sullivan, giffed by riepu10
- I was going to include this for the *camera* porn (not hand porn!!!), but astrovian’s first hashtag had me laugh out loud
- I love riepu10’s series of gifs of chaRActers with glasses. These two are definitely “special”…
- Riepu10 has also giffed the recent VoD anniversary interview with RA. I’ve got to say, he looks yummy in that
- You know that I love my crafts. But this piece of fan art by shealwaystakesitblack was unexpected
- I love this piece of fan art posted by ooowyn, and when you click on the link in the post, it takes you back to an interesting piece of background to a cut scene from TH
- Guy needs time… from What a Guy Wants by nfcomics
- It’s a much giffed scene, but this really encapsulates Guy so much. By ladyngisborne
- For some reason I wasn’t following the Mr Thornton tag and I missed some goodies. This one is a cool comic of the first meeting in NS by tinwhistlings
- An alternate film title for NS by obscurelittlebird. We should really come up with more
There we go, that was worth it, right?
Not presuming that you desperately want to know, but as a little update and without TMI I can say that Mr Guylty is now relatively comfortable in hospital and being looked after even by the “big wigs”. His breathing is better, thanks to oxygen supply, and some of the other symptoms are being looked at but are apparently reversible. Unfortunately his lung disease – called pulmonary sarcoidosis – is advanced, and the big scary T (“transplant”) word has been mentioned.
It’s a prospect I don’t dare think about too much at this point. For now, he is comfortable, only bored in hospital. More tests on Monday. No news yet when he might be released, but hopefully some time after the tests have been concluded. – With all this going on, my own issues have faded into the background. I am not saying that as a complaint. It turns out that much of my symptoms (leg aches, chest pains, dizziness) have almost vanished as a result of understanding what causes them (lack of exercise, hormonal changes, overthinking things) and because of taking hour-long walks every day. So *I* am feeling much better. I have a physio therapy appointment next week which I really look forward to. I am hoping to set up a proper physio exercise regime to deal with my lower back (and legs). But I am also going to have my bloods taken and an MRI to see what else needs to be addressed.
And now I am going back to my domestic distraction. I have a list of household chores I want to get on top of, and I am currently coffee staining lots of paper for my junk journal making…
Hope you have a lovely weekend, all!