Goooooood morning! The weather is mild, the day is bright (even though not sunny), I am wearing a dress, and Mr Guylty received his second Pfizer jab yesterday. All of that adds up to a lighter mood. In this time of generally feeling down, the ups need to be celebrated, don’t you think? It’s been a good week, starting with a wonderful day on my brother-and-sister-in-law’s lawn on Sunday and a long-overdue catch-up on some family matters.
I’d felt quite out of the loop on an acrimonious separation (not me, not those in-laws) that is currently shaking up the family, and when finally talking about, it brought home to me the fact that it was my own fault that I felt out of the loop. Over the last 18 months I had kind of burrowed down, making no effort at keeping in touch with anyone. (That’s probably my own coping mechanism with the strangeness we have been living with since last year – all energy focussed inside rather than outside.) It’s time to dust the cobwebs off my rusty social skills and make an effort to reconnect. I practiced the old interpersonal capabilities on a meet-up in town with above mentioned (French) sis-in-law during the week. And oh, how glorious it felt when we spontaneously decided to sit down for lunch in our favourite French bistro. In Ireland, shops, pubs and cafés reopened last week for the first time since Christmas. Only outside socialising is allowed at the moment, and the tables were all widely spaced, so it felt safe. Having a meal served in a café, felt like a return to normal, yet it also felt so luxurious. It was the first time since early July 2020 when we last had a short holiday in Co. Donegal with my parents-in-law… I even visited a charity shop for the first time in a year – and came away with a fantastic haul of books for my crafting. Bliss!
Yet, I know that vaccinations are stalling in some places. Some of my friends in Germany are still waiting for their appointment to get vaccinated. I feel their frustration, especially now that I know how much of the pressure is taken off when one finally has received the vaccination. I am hoping and wishing for all of them to *finally* also get the jab soon. As long as there is still a sizeable percentage of our populations unvaccinated, none of us can really feel properly safe. Ireland is continuing with their vaccination programme according to age groups. Despite the grievances I had with the process regarding my husband, I otherwise do approve of their approach. Vaccination by age group (once the medically compromised groups have been seen to) seems fair enough. (Although I do think that students, school children and retail workers are now a priority group, too. They need to get back to education, and retail workers have worked at the frontline for 18 months unprotected – their protection is overdue.) They are now down to the 49 to 40 year-old age group, and hopefully they will open registration to the 39 to 30 year-olds next week. Here’s hoping that you, wherever you are, will receive vaccinations, soon.
Sorry, that’s a long, rambling intro. I’ll get to the round-up now. ☺️
- In case you hadn’t seen it, Bryan Fuller posted his sketch of the red dragon tattoo for Dolarhyde on Twitter. And Richard replied by reposting the selfie he took when the tattoo was applied by two make-up artists.
Dream job.Only this time he forgot to obscure the 🍑. Haha. You can check it out here, on richardarmitagefanpage’s repost
- And astrovian’s comments on said dream job
- Interesting Lucas North edits by scmethinginlatin
- Astrovian continues her series of chibi Richards with this one in his UV premiere get-up (?)
- Look at this pillow of Guy of Gisborne. The 3D effect is brilliant (although I would draw the line at Guy bringing his weaponry to bed. No pun! Posted by floverfantasy
- Some mightily majestic full length Thorin, posted by thewarriorandtheking
- No round-up is complete without a Guy gif set by riepu10. Especially if said guy is dirty 😉
- Just putting it out here as a filler. Not sure what it means. Post by casholmes
- Cute Bagginshield sketch by flavoredfaeman
- Every Guy fangirl ever. 😂 What a Guy Wants by nfcomics
- And from the same series by nfcomics, this one is spot on
- I haven’t read this fan fic, but ladyngisborne has written a timetravel story of Guy of Gisborne and I am intrigued. This post links to the story on Wattpad
Hope this content makes your start into the weekend better ☺️
Have a good one,