It surprises me how easy it is to get into daily posts! Well, that’s when Mr A plays ball and takes part in lots of interviews 😁. I always find that my inner fan girl gets a major boost when there are lots of news to report or comment on. It reawakens the fascination. When there is little news, I find my virtual pen drying up – unless I force it with a fan challenge or a re-watch. Anniversaries are another popular prompt for many bloggers. Except that I somehow never remember. In truth, despite being a massive history head and loving the study of all things past, I often find the act of remembrance sad, at least when it concerns my own memories. The event of the past is in the past, it’s gone, and I can never experience it again. And so I missed marking my dad’s seventh anniversary yesterday. He’s not forgotten, of course, and I knew that yesterday was the anniversary of his death, but writing about it makes me sad because it always brings home the truth that I will never speak with him or feel his embrace again. Other memories of him are easier – like when a funny phrase he used to say comes to my mind, or when I remember the things he loved and the hobbies he engaged in. – My mum and my dad’s closest friends marked yesterday’s date with a visit to the ginkgo tree. It is doing very well.
My father’s friends sent me this message yesterday: “Dear Sonja, your papa is not forgotten. The opposite is the case: we very often talk about him and his very special sense of humour.” That makes me happy and sad at the same time. I am so glad others remember him, and most of all, I am happy that my own children remember him so well and so fondly. Love you, Papa! I wish I’d have had time to say good-bye, but I know that you loved me, and I hope you know that I loved you…
Ok, that has been a bit morose, so let’s move on to the weekly round-up!
- Astrovian is always on it. She takes a snippet from yesterday’s Total Film interview and turns it into this piece of fan art. Hilarious!
- Also astrovian: Comment on the recent interviews in general. She’s right, or what do you think?
- I love picture sets such as this by guyofgisbourne
- Definitely including these Guy gifs by riepu10 for the hair acting
- Also linking here to astrovian’s responses to the Total Film interview – maybe you want to engage with her on tumblr on the comments?
- This piece of fan art by leavespics is stunning
- For someone who hates water, he cuts quite a dashing figure in speedos… Gif set by riepu10
- A sweet little dream, shared by claraofthepen. Actually, I have a feeling that RA is a Bagginshield follower 😉
- And on the topic of Bagginshield, here is a little gif fan art by lordoftherazzles
- Have you seen aninomori’s “Little Boar” fa art? Her drawing skills are out of this world!
- Is there an Astrov fan fic out there, asks richarm?
- And mezzmerizedbyrichard has raided her gif folder again and put this delicious set of hand porn together for you
- Guy of Gisborne offers some lip balm. From What a Guy Wants by nfcomics
- A beautiful Bagginshield moment, in gif format by lordoftherazzles
- And just because Richard confirmed in the latest interview that Thorin was a life-changing role, this picture set by deepinthelight
Hope you have enjoyed these. I’ll go back to my work now. Due to the unexpected job that popped up on Thursday, I had to abandon my Friday deadline for my fashion writing. I better get some thoughts on “functional wear” down on (virtual) paper now and work for my wages 😉.
Have a lovely weekend, all!