Happy weekend, everyone. Let’s jump straight in…
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard gives us some micro-expression courtesy of Tom Cahalan in Brain on Fire
- Mh. I’m not sure whether I agree with let-djaqsayfuck on this one. I think there was evidence that proves the opposite
- From the Price’s family album, put together by mezzmerizedbyrichard again. Very sweet
- Digital artwork of RA. Interesting. By drachedraws
- Astrovian has also done some digital artwork again. This time it’s a very cute Harry Kennedy
- *snorts* a fun little photo cartoon by thranduilofsmirkwood
- Lordoftherazzles has put another gif set with text together again. Very fitting for Thorin and Bilbo
- A petition that many of us would get behind… And if it also included LotR, that would be better. Just think of how many hours that would take. Posted by gwen-ever
- Sullivan giffed by riepu10. He almost looks like a good guy there
- A top(less) Portah digi by Astrovian. Where’s the shower?
- The words/phrases added to these edits seem somewhat random to me, but well, I like the look of the photos chosen by kiddressources
- LOL, this sounds remarkably like something Thorin might say… Posted by ghiva-shel
- On what makes a person look “villainous” – this is a topic worth discussing, especially in relation to Richard’s typecasting. What do you think? Post by fruitspunchh
- Every fangirl ever to Guy… What a Guy Wants by nfcomics
That out of the way – how is your week/end going? We had a bit of a scare during the week when my brother-in-law came down with Covid despite having been vaccinated. He’s out of the woods by now, and the symptoms were not as bad as when unvaxxed, but it served as a reminder that we need to continue adhering to all pandemic rules. With a high-risk patient in my house, I’ll probably go back to a slightly stricter approach. Over the last few weeks post-vaccination I had enjoyed a few coffees outside in cafés and also visited some (non-essential) shops. Maybe I’ll put that off again.
In other news I have now the first week of my Newcastle Diet behind me. It was not a walk in the park, but it also wasn’t hellish. I’ve adhered pretty strictly to the rules – no carbs whatsoever, lots of water, a lot of vegetables. The results are there – managed to lose 3.3 kilo. A great motivation to continue on, but I am fully aware that the first week always comes with great results (when diligently following the diet) and I cannot expect such numbers in the following weeks. But well, it is nice to see the fruits of my labour.
BTW – kale chips/crisps are *delicious*! Listen.
That is the sound of eating a kale crisp. Unfiltered and unenhanced recording. And they don’t taste half-bad either. I made them myself because the diet booklet recommended them as an alternative to savoury snacks. The one time I had tried them before – from a shop-bought pack – I thought they were horrible, but since I am so desperate for tasty snacks, I tried these. The result has really amazed me. In case you are interested, I tore the kale leaves in pieces and placed them on the oven tray, then baked them in my oven at 150-180°C for about 12 minutes. To get them as crispy as these, make sure the kale is dry when you put them into the oven. I sprayed each leaf with one pump of 1 calorie sunflower oil and sprinkled some salt on them. (Next time I’ll try some other spices with the salt – curry, paprika – to give them more flavour.) They still have a distinct kale taste, of course, but they are really delicate and almost melt away in your mouth. Cheat food.
Other than that – football final tonight. Forza Italia. I’ll be rooting for the Azzurri.
Have a nice weekend, all!