Hello hello hello! This may be the last day of our current heatwave in Ireland, and so I am late with the round-up on this warm, sunny Saturday. I’m just back from taking a gorgeous walk with my son, to our favourite place, Poolbeg Lighthouse. And I thus had some precious quality time with him, chatting and catching up. – As I am sitting near my wide-open kitchen window, I can hear the noise from a large demo that seems to be currently going on a few hundred meters away from me. They are protesting against the Covid restrictions, and from what I have seen of the protest on social media, the crowd is large, they are not wearing masks and there is no social distancing. ARSEHOLES. I am thoroughly disgusted with these people misusing the word “freedom” for their protest. I’d rather not wear masks, stay away from people, take a vaccine and give up travelling. But if that is what it takes to kick this virus in the butt, then I am willing to do it – for the greater good that all those “liberty-loving” people are going to benefit from. Assholes, truly.
Sorry for the rant.
Now it’s time for the weekly round-up. Awww, let’s give Guy some love…
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard starts us off with a TBT a much different hairstyle 😉. Look at those bright blue eyes…
- Fizzyxcustard asks you to caption this photo of Sullivan. Hm. “Touch my beard and tell me I’m pretty”?
- It’s Guy-love day (see above) so I had to include riepu10’s gif set just for my own guy(lty) pleasure. I hope you approve
- A new Chibi by astrovian – this time it’s Trevor aka Daniel Miller
- In case anyone wants to discuss Seville Communion, astrovian has put a few of her thoughts down in this post. Possible story spoilers!
- This tweet, reblogged by richardarmitagefanpage, was one of the highlights last week. What a retirement guest, and gift!!!
- Interesting observation by thorinswaggerson… I can see what they mean, but I wish there had been a wet shirt involved, though
- Speaking of wet… Riepu10 obliges with this gif set
- Eeeek, I am of the generation who remembers the earlier RH series. Confession time: Even back then (ca. 1985) I had a thing for Guy of Gisborne. (Blond and blue eyes was my type) But sorry, Robert, my loyalties have entirely switched to the dark-haired version of Guy… Posted by guyofgisborne
- Did I already link to this post by lostinregency? Ah, no matter, it could actually be reposted every week. Because truth!
The weather is too good to make this a long post, so forgive me if I stop here. Also, I have difficulty controlling my anger as this protest is *still* going on and I am distracted by the discussion I kicked off with my tweet on the matter and the garda helicopter circling overhead. Thank you to all of you readers here who also chimed in on Twitter. There were so many spot-on replies by you, as well as some laugh-out-loud rebuttals to the covidiots who came back at me.
Have a lovely weekend wherever you are, and stay safe, please!
PS: Oh, want another clue? Here’s the box that Mr Porter arrived in… Not sure if that will narrow it down in any way?