So how do we feel about Dr Armitage 🎓? I saw some really fun pictures of the “Doctor of Lettuce” yesterday. Trust RA to imbue such a dignified honour with a bit of humour 😉. (Sounds as if I have a problem with that. No! I think it is a sign of humility and it makes him come across as someone who is not going to parade his new title all over the place.) Since my recording of RA’s graduation speech was less
than optimal shite, here is the University of Leicester’s own excerpt from the ceremony, starting with the laudatio that lists all of Richard’s accomplishments and career milestones, then the actual handing-over of the degree certificate, followed by his speech.
But can I just say that I was a bit surprised at Richard’s casual get-up for the ceremony? An open shirt, slacks and casual shoes? Richard!!! Did you not get the memo??? 😉
Anyhow, I am sure his presence at the ceremony was a great surprise and bonus to his fellow graduates. Judging by the many pictures that popped up yesterday with graduates taking selfies (or pictures) with him, he made the day special for many graduates. I know it would have for me, just as the presence of Seamus Heaney did when *I* graduated ten years ago. Luckily I was less “speechless” with Heaney than I usually am with RA, and actually had a little conversation with the poet while we were waiting for the ceremony to begin. A much treasured memory for me, just as I am sure it will be for the UL graduates this year.
Ok, right, enough of that, here is the round-up.
- Middleearthpixie has written a story with both Guy of Gisborne and John Porter
- Richardarmitagefanpage has discovered that The Man from Rome will premiere at a film festival in Spain in October
- oooh, angry Guy 😱. Gifs by riepu10
- Official photos of RA at the degree conferral, posted by richardarmitagefanpage
- And this is interesting: The official accolade in the UL graduation book, also posted by richardarmitagefanpage
- Olya-dwarf has put some of the graduation day photos in a little clip
- Here is a set of gifs posted by yestekla-blog. But is that really Spooks season 9? Lucas had slightly longer hair than that, and I think he also was less substantial in figure. Could this actually be BS season 1?
- If you are in need of smiling RA, here is a gif set by simpweeb190
- Some nice gifs of Thorin with overlays. By lordoftherazzles
Sorry, I’ll leave it at 9. There were lots of posts there, regurgitating the graduation photos, and I didn’t want to repeat them over and over.
Hope you’ll have a lovely weekend!
PS: Oh, I nearly forgot: I have a tiny update on personal matters. Mr Guylty and I had another meeting with the hospital this week. We finally have a decision, and it is good news. Mr G has been offered to take part in the transplant programme. His name is not on the list yet, but he can ask to be added any time. This is big, because it means that he now has options. So, in general terms, I was very happy with the outcome of the meeting.