Holla, it’s high time I get to this week’s round-up. I nearly forgot, with the big news still on my mind. It’s quite extraordinary how the death of another country’s monarch has also occupied *my* thoughts. Queen Elizabeth II was not *my* sovereign, but somehow she left a lasting impression on many people all over the world – if anything due to her enduring reign and the sense of duty and service she conducted herself with. I was quite heartened by the words of our Irish President, Michael D. Higgins, acknowledging Queen Elizabeth’s passing. The history of Ireland is closely interwoven with that of its larger neighbour. It hasn’t been an easy relationship – with Ireland suffering centuries of “occupation” and exploitation. But QE really made history when she finally visited the Republic of Ireland in 2011, laid a wreath at the Garden of Remembrance and even spoke a few words of Irish at the state dinner.
It’s just *one* little example of how she operated as head of state. Apparently the gesture to speak Irish was unwanted by the protocol officials on either side – too risky, in case she mangled the (difficult) language. However, she made the executive decision to give it her best shot. To the delight of the Irish dignitaries present. (In the clip you can also see poet Seamus Heaney on her table.) Whatever you or I or anyone might think about the institution of the monarchy
(very little in my case 😉 ), but I think we can agree that she filled her role with dignity and unwavering duty. For that, she has my respect.
And now finally…
- Richardarmitagefanpage has taken some screenshots off the new Man from Rome trailer
- Guy knows about fire… gif set by riepu10
- Middleearthpixie’s After the Fire is at chapter 6
- Old stuff, but hey, we really need a bit of Harry love right now, right? With tongues! Posted by enigmaticlook
- New picture of Father Quart, cropped and enlarged by astrovian
- Good news for all Jackman & Evans fans: Richard performs the latest Joy Ellis book entitled Solace House. To be released 13 October. News via richardarmitagefanpage
- Check out the “Dr of Lettuce”, aninomori-version!!!
- In case you hadn’t seen it yet on other blogs, here are the pictures of RA attending a ballet opening night.
Where’s Crockett? 😂Posted by riepu10
- Close-up twin lens reflex camera porn. Ok, alright, maybe not camera porn but Ray porn 😉. Gifs by qveenbervthiel
- Oh-my-goodness. This is almost too much of a good thing. I mean, even for #teamlawn!!! Beard love courtesy of riepu10
- If this isn’t the gif for the ultimate of all reader-insert Thorin AU fan fics 😉. BTS TH – and whoa, that hits. Posted by ithrilyann
- Purely posting this here for the edit. I love the crop and the selective colouring of this Thorin picture. Posted by orcristwielder
There we are.
ICYMI, over on Insta, Richard acknowledged the Queen’s passing with a post of his own.
Picture 3 in his set is a “selfie” of sorts, but in any case, his post let us know that he is currently in the UK. (Well, so did the above mentioned images from the ballet premiere…) Coupled with further news that a new cast member has been added to Damage, it looks as if there may have been reshoots for the Netflix drama. I hope that doesn’t mean the production is getting completely overhauled… seems like a very late change.
Anyhow, that’s the round-up for this week. Before I go, just a quick note. Armidreamer just pointed out to me that there have been weird replies to some comments on the blog. Looks like spam to me – which usually gets filtered out by the system automatically. But some stuff has made it through. I have manually deleted what I could, but in case you get a reply notification to one of your comments, just ignore if it is from a poster unknown to you, and reminder not to click any links included in such replies. You never know whether they link to some scam…
Have a nice weekend, all!