Oh dear, it’s been an age. I’ve been absent from blog and SM for a bit because I had my best friend visiting. Well, and life, really. Mostly all good (although Mr Guylty has had less good news; his health has deteriorated a bit and the decision has now been made that he will be placed on the transplant list soon. From then on it will be 🤐 here, but I’m sure I’ll find other ways of updating you about the developments). Having my friend visit – she is the “ETC” or “esteemed travel companion” with whom I travelled in New Zealand seven 😱 years ago – was a welcome change to the ordinary and meant that we got out of the house a bit. We managed to go for lunch in a favourite cafe once (Avoca Cafe on Suffolk St, for anyone who knows Dublin), had a meal in Wagamama and even made it to the cinema to watch See How They Run in a matinee. All activities taking place outside or avoiding bigger crowds. – Last night we were taken out for a meal by our young German lodger whom we had given refuge for a couple of months. He has left today to return to Germany and to university. But it was great fun hosting him here, an open and very engaging, young man. I think he had a good time with us, and that makes me very happy.
After dinner I sauntered back home at a leisurely pace. It was Culture Night in Dublin, and the streets were teeming. I took a shortcut through Trinity College and captured this moody shot.
How lucky are/were my kids to study in such surroundings… My daughter is now in her final year in college, and my son has his graduation ceremony at the beginning of November. He is moving to Berlin next week – another young emigré, typical of his generation. 😢 But leaving the sombre thoughts behind, let’s catch up with what has been happening on tumblr these last couple of weeks.
- Petite Voleuse by linasofia is at ch 4
- The promo poster for MFR without the words, posted by richardarmitagefanpage
- Oh, or here with only Father Quart, also by richardarmitagefanpage
- Riepu10 spoils us with a gif set of angry Guy
- Finally, Weta Workshop has released a mini Thorin collectible. Richardarmitagefanpage has the deets
- Aw, look at this scene from Thorin’s family album. Cute fan art by cracked-doll-mom
- And a broodymoody Mr Thornton on his way to Helstone, giffed by riepu10
- Ch. 12 of middleearthpixie’s After the Fire
- An animated slide show of RA reading/recording by olya-dwarf
- Oh goodness, wide-eyed intense Astrov is a mood 😵. Gifs by qveenbervthiel
- Looking at this scene from NS, it looks as if RA was really feeling it. Posted by thornton-loves-margaret
- *snorts* I had to laugh out loud at this quip in the What a Guy Wants series by nfcomics 🌵
- Including this pastelly-sweet little digital drawing by ashleylulu here because I find it amazing how much you can express without even showing the faces of the two subjects
13? Lucky number, right?
I am now going to set about getting my summer decorations down and switching over to autumn. Have a great weekend, all!