Good morning, all. I think it’s going to be a suspenseful day. No, we are not there yet. The next milestone hasn’t been reached overnight. But I have no doubt that it will happen later today when the auctions on eBay end. We are currently *very* close, though, and I have no reason to be unhappy with the results so far. With considerably fewer items in the auctions, the overall proceeds are going to be a bit lower. So no worries!
Counting both eBay bids and Paypal donations, we are just 35 Euro away from a milestone.
BTW, when I am calculating milestones, I am not taking into account that we will have deductions due to fees and postage.The final donation will be calculated from the Paypal donations, Etsy and eBay proceeds minus all deductions, including postage, customs fees when receiving donated items, and selling and transaction fees on eBay, Etsy and Paypal.
The first auction – the North & South DVD – will end at 4:04 pm today. I will try to follow the auction endings live. For ease of communication I will do so on Twitter.
I am still not really fully up to speed with Mastodon. The last auction is the RA fan set, which will conclude the eBay portion of our fundraiser at 5:10 pm today. All times GMT. It won’t be possible to give each and every item the Twitter treatment because they will end within very short intervals of each other. So if you would like to chime – eh, tweet – in, you are very welcome to do so.
A little word on the eBay process
- If you have received notification that you won, then that means the item is yours, period. The payment instructions are usually part of the notification e-mail.
- Please cut me some slack in case you have won an item and are waiting for the invoice to be sent to you. It is *usually* created automatically without my input, so there is no need to send me a message and ask for the invoice.
- If you have won more than one item, you can actually pay for all items together in one transaction. So for those of you who are bidding on more than one item, it is worth waiting until all auctions have finished and then pay for your items in one fell swoop. Fewer transactions = less transaction fees = higher final donation.
- Items are shipped once the payment has processed. So if possible, pay as soon as you can. But no worries, you have a few hours to do so 😉, especially if you are also planning to buy something in the fixed-price sale. The fixed-price sale will go live later today HERE. A second batch of items will be released on Etsy tomorrow morning.
- To save on postage costs, I usually try to combine eBay and Etsy shipments. Let me know if you are not planning to buy on Etsy. I can then pack and ship your eBay item immediately. (You can send me a message via eBay.)
I think this should be all. Let the fun begin…
6 thoughts on “Last Auction Day #DecemberFundRAiser”
Can’t wait for the countdown, and later etsy sale ❤
Good luck to all!
Thank you, Andrea x
Enjoy the final frenzy, everyone. I will have to miss it since it’s right during my commute home. So no last-minute sniping bids from me. Consider yourselves safe. 😉
Sorry for the time overlap!
No worries. It’s not like I need anything. 😆 I did help some prices along with my bids and that’s what counts.
Eeek, the final hours! It will get exciting. 🙂