It was near impossible to ignore the inauguration of the tangerine nightmare yesterday. It dominated all social media, the news, the streets – even outside of the US people took to the streets to protest against a new world leader who is bucking all trends by being divisive and derisive. I noticed with pleasure, that Richard Armitage was active on Twitter yesterday – if only to react silently, and unfollow @POTUS. Not that we will be able to escape the King of Overcombria. But we can refuse to give him a platform.
Meanwhile, still battling the flu, I have launched into my first creative project of the year. Remember my little sewing project from the 12DX raffles? It received a lot of feedback, not least because of my fabric design. Since many a chaRActer was missing from fabric design #1, a new design was needed. I took on-board your feedback for a less powdery-sweet background colour and opted for bang-on black. Here it is:
I am currently waiting for my fabric to be printed. Can’t wait to get it, actually! Once I have received it, the plan is for a little contest for a home-made zipper pouch in the new fabric. In the mean time, if you are crafty yourself and would like to get your hands on this fabric, I have put up the new design – as well as the old, light blue one – for sale on my GuyltyDesigns store. Disclosure: There is a commission earned with the sale of the design (10% on each purchase). Since all my creative content, be it photographs or any other original creative output, is intended as non-commercial contributions purely for the enjoyment of the fandom, I will donate any proceeds to charity. (In this I am following Ali’s lead who is donating ALL the proceeds from richardarmitagenet‘s Amazon referral commissions to charity. Check out her latest donations here.)
In the same vein a quick update on another charity pledge (because I am not sure whether I have already posted notification): The proceeds of the New York photo book sales have been transferred to Save the Children’s Syria Fund. Thank you to whoever ordered the book. I have doubled the proceeds and together we have donated to a worthy cause!
Without any further delay, now on to the Weekly tumblr round-up:
- A comprehensive collection of “spies in cars” by queenoferebor1204. Almost hard to tell what is current – and what is 10 years old! That picture in the attic must be pretty horrific by now…
- I am so with Guy on this latest What a Guy wants instalment, courtesy of nfcomics
- Staying with Guy, I loved this pic set by lochiels – misunderstood, tortured man. Oh Guy *sgh*
- A few pics from Armitage talking about his spy name, capped by mzperx0506universe. Not new but recent enough and always beautiful to look at
- Thorin and Bilbo birdwatching. Feathered variety, apparently. Yeah, I don’t know where that came from, either, but I am grateful to nerdeeart for the light relief
- Ok, exceedingly bad form to link to myself, but I am doing so in order for you to say happy birthday (belatedly) to dear mezzmerizedbyrichard who is entertaining us so much on tumblr
- I am still in an inexplicable John Standring phase and hence extraordinarily grateful to circusgifs for this set
- I don’t think I am ever ready for that scenario, either… a relatively new richardarmitagequote that I really like
- This cap of Daniel Miller from BS almost has a fashion shoot feel to it. Plus – I like the idea of Danny sitting on the edge of *my* bed, too. Posted by ludokt
- Richard, concentrating hard on his role as the red dragon in this BTS from Hannibal, giffed by riepu10
- LOL – gimmethehobbit really has a point. And I am not sure whether I like the evidence *snorts*
- A reblog by a gif set by riepu10 – but the caption is just too touché *rofl* *sings* and I turn my little tush on the cat walk…
I wish there was a bit more, but that’s all for this week, folks. It’s quiet time, but who knows, maybe we’ll get some more news on the Armitage sign-up for Ocean’s Eight, soon.
In the meantime, have a nice weekend!