Oh my, have you recovered from the new reality of Mr A *twittering*? He’s keeping us quite entertained, isn’t he? For someone who only said a year ago that he “didn’t get Twitter” he is pretty adept at using Social Media. Tweets, Retweets, pictures included, some
gentle teasing for interaction, promoting his friends’ projects – he’s got it down. And all with his inimitable humour. I must admit that I have looked at Twitter more than at Tumblr this week *ggg*. Nonetheless there are a few gems to be found on Tumblr, too, and this is this week’s bounty:
- I laughed out loud at this little conversation between richardrmitage and an anon re. the bacon beard camouflage
- Now, here is a resource post for all those who want to have an overview of RA’s stage door outfits. Great collection by armitageuniverse
- Tumblr loves personal questionnaires. It gets really funny when a fictional chaRActer tumblr answers it. Here is sirguyjustforzee’s “Five things about me”
- This gif by jassy2101 looks so real, although I doubt that any photographs were harmed during the production of this gif…
- Tumblr RArmy veteran jmrichards has created a text post set that is really funny – as an explanation for those unfamiliar with tumblr: These “+ text posts” consist of photos/caps from a particular show upon which then texts/comments by tumblrers are pasted. They are hilariously funny and exist for more than just Richard’s stuff. This one is based on N&S
- Another recurring tumblr graphics format is the presentation set that aims to explain someone or something in a few simple slides as if it were a PP presentation. Here pushforthequorum explains Richard Armitage and the devastating effect he has on his victims’s lives
- This picture from the recent Dan Burn-Forti shoot with RA is not new. But I am including Tolkienette’s set here because I find these tumblr-typical photo sets that break one image into two or more parts very very visually pleasing (and not just for the model…)
- Another one of nfcomics’ What a Guy wants funnies
- Not a tumblr post as such, but another handy resource: r-armitage-characters has edited all of RA’s scenes as Paul Andrews (BTS) into YT clips
- Crucible fan-art by richardarmitage-poland
- A someecard by goodgirlheather that describes an aspect of the new Twitter-frenzy
- A Crucible experience I haven’t read before. By fan babydrache
- Another, longer Crucible review that resonated with me, by arrkenshield
- A not-so-nice SD experience due to overenthusiastic fans? Yungarnet got to see TC
- A Standring fantasy by triple-r-porn. NSFW!!! Don’t read if you don’t like explicit fanfic!
- LOL. Erepork. By oninha
There. Possibly a bit shorter than the last few times as I am finishing the round-up a bit early in preparation for my favourite annual mud bath. Heading off on my favourite music festival, a little affair in the sticks of Ireland, called Electric Picnic. You will be reading this post while I am going down memory lane to see the Pet Shop Boys, Simple Minds and Chic, bopping to Blondie, spherically swaying to Portishead, moshing to Mogwai, shimmying to Sinead O’Connor, reuniting with The Blades (OMGOMGOMG), bumbling to Bombay Bicycle Club, hamming with Ham Sandwich, flouncing with Foals, the list goes on.
That means I won’t be replying to comments. Grah, missing out on the fun, because iPhone is going to die within minutes :-(. But please go on and run riot in the comments. You could even amuse yourselves with a little brainstorming on what kind of questions you would ask RA if you were going to the conversation with Richard Armitage on Tuesday in the Old Vic Theatre. Will we receive new insights on his creative process and future plans?
Oh, and a house-keeping note: I have made the Birthday List of Armitage Photo Shoots sticky by copying it into a page of its own on the blog, for easier access, should you be looking for a specific photographer or photo. It’s up there in the menu bar.
Have a great weekend, lovelies, I’ll be back on comms on Monday,
and keep your fingers crossed that this nasty rain will stop that is still lashing while I type… ❤ ❤ ❤