For a little bit of OT fun while we are currently experiencing a regular flood of RA related news and discussions
thank you BS, I’ve decided to follow Herba’s invitation and take part in the Mystery Blogger Award. Thank you for nominating me, Herba ❤️!
The Mystery Blogger Award is really an opportunity for bloggers to share a little bit about themselves – and to invite others to do so, too. It’s a nice project for a blog such as mine that is less about my every-day life, but very specifically about the work of a particular actor, written for his fans. I presume *some* of my personality shines through on my blog but hey, *any* opportunity to talk about myself *grins*. So here we go:
About The Mystery Blogger Award:
This is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates, it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
The Rules of the Award:
– Put the award logo/image on your blog.
– List the rules.
– Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
– Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
– Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
– You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
– Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
– Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
– Share a link to your best post(s).
Three bits about myself
The Award rules stipulate that I must tell my readers three things about myself. Ok, to make this blog post qualify as relevant to the RAcentricity of the blog, I’ll disclose three things about my life as a fangirl.
- Richard Armitage makes me snooze. Literally. But in a good way. I occasionally go to bed at night thinking that Kopfkino might be a nice way of passing the time. However, I *always* fall asleep before anything exciting happens in the cinema in my head. Dang!
- Looking back now, I think my first serious boyfriend looked vaaaaaaguely like RA. Tall, very lean, dark hair, beautiful hands. And back then, I supposedly was into blonde guys…
Let’s hope that the chap in question is not reading Richard Armitage fan blogs and objects to me plastering his face on social media… but this is him and me:
- I never, ever travel without Pop!Thorin. He is on any overnight trip I go on.
- Do you have any kind of phobia? Short answer is: no.
- Do you work in your dream job? No, not quite. My dream job would be working as a photographer – and earning money with it. As it is, I am still photographing all the time, occasionally getting paid, but mostly and regularly I earn my money as a journalist.
- When you were a child, did you have a favourite book, a favourite film (TV show) and a favourite singer (band)? And what/who are your current favourites? Ok, going really far back, my earliest favourite book was Das kleine Gespenst by Otfried Preußler (The Little Ghost), my favourite TV show was Wickie und die starken Männer (an animated series about a little Viking boy) and my favourite band was Abba. Switch to today. Favourite book
ah feck it, that’s so unfair – I have so many books I love…but ok, if pushed: Siegfried Lenz Deutschstunde in German, and in English the Campus Trilogy by David Lodge. Favourite TV show: Father Ted. Favourite band: The Style Council.
- If you could be someone else for 24 hours, who would you be and why? I would love to be a famous photographer. But not actually my favourite photographer (Don McCullin) because he was a war photographer and I do not want to photograph war. I’d rather like to be an allrounder who can get anything and anyone in front of the lens, and in the context of my blog that probably also explains why *ahem*. So how about Annie Leibovitz?
- McDonalds or Burger King? Burger King. Because they have onion rings.
My own questions for my nominees
- If you weren’t living where you are living now, where would you like to live?
- What’s the last thing you bought that made you really happy?
- If you could dress RA/your favourite artist, what would you put him in?
- What would you like to receive as a Christmas gift?
- Which artistic talent would you like to possess? Why?
My nominees (apologies for duplicate nominations, and no pressure!)
- Berlinda at Expat Eye on Germany
- SueBC at I’m feeling this
- Obscura at Ancient Armitage
- Jen at PreoccupiedwithArmitage
- Judi at Confessions of a Watcher
- Heather at Fully Grown up Fangirl
- Mulubinba at A RA Viewer’s Perspective
- Zan at Zaniam
No pressure on any nominee to take part in this – and vice versa, those whom I have shamefully neglected to mention, feel free to take up the challenge and award yourself the Mystery Blogger Award. And if all fails, please just click on the links of the bloggers mentioned above, have a look at their sites, leave them a comment, and spread the love.
Right, there you are – off you go and type something new for us 😉. Maybe this will help: