Good morning, good morning! It has been months and months since I last posted a round-up in the usual 8am GMT+1 slot.
So much for lockdown providing more time for hobbies… For this edition of the round-up, I have gone back to my usual MO of compiling it Friday night and then scheduling it so that you have it ready for your cup of coffee on a leisurely Saturday morning. Reason being that I am going on a little trip. While you are reading this, I am on my way to the Northwest of Ireland, to Co. Donegal. After many weeks in lockdown, hotels in Ireland have finally reopened this week. My in-laws always take a trip up to the Northwest this time of year, and since they are quite elderly, they asked whether we would like to come along – for entertainment, but probably also for distraction and help with driving etc. So, today we are setting off all the way to Dunfanaghy where we will be staying in a nice, plush hotel for the next three or four nights.
Much to my delight, Little Miss Guylty is coming along, making this a true family holiday. (Master Guylty, who has long moved out of our home, is spending the weekend with his band (…) on our friend’s farm in Co. Armagh. Isolated in the back of beyond, the band – currently going under the name of Pompei Wellness Concept (yeah, don’t ask me…) – is searching for a new sound. Quite frankly, I have visions of Spinal Tap, but hey, I’m glad the young ‘uns are doing some creative stuff.) Anyway, Little Miss is coming along. She hasn’t been up to Donegal yet, so I am hoping we can actually take the opportunity and go all the way to Malin Head, the Northern-most point of Ireland. Many attractions are still closed afaik, so Glenveagh National Park and Glencolumbkille Folk Park may be out of bounds. I am packing my walking boots and a book, as well as my laptop – in case we spend some time just relaxing in our digs.
Fingers crossed that there won’t be too much of this:
And now the round-up.
- So, which one is better? Riepu10 has put up two kisses right beside each other. International kissing day? I guess I missed it
- Hehe, this was a fun “ask”, answered here by fizzyxcustard – what do you think?
- A nice piece of Thorin fan art by lehnsharks
- Continuing the kissing theme with this gif set by narnvaeron. Oh, and wall nailing. Pity it is all shot so darkly
- I’m including this gif set by 51kas81 because I quite like to see casual Adam…
pull that zipper down a bit further, baby
- Riepu10 has updated the audio book appreciation post with the latest release… My, what a long list! It’s quite impressive!
- *muhahahaha* I think this could be a fun new series to contribute to. Incorrect Robin Hood BBC quotes by judasisgayriot
- Riepu 10 is actually blowing it out of the park today – here is her winter/summer comparison post. Love this! (And am completely undecided on what I prefer. Winter has #romanticherohair but facial shrubbery. Summer has less beard but awful grandpa shirt. Hmph.)
- Thewarriorandtheking celebrates Thorin as an archer. I like picture 1
- Guy of Gisborne has the female anatomy down to a t. Nfcomics’ What a Guy Wants
- Really loved this gif set by narnvaeron of Sir Guy
- Interesting edit by antigonemorris
- Totally including this gif set of Lucas in Spooks 9×6 by riepu10 in here – because that was precisely the moment I discovered RA
, and everything changed forever
- *giggles* I like the ring of that. “Buff Thorin”. Posted by slipperysailors
- OMG, what the hell is THIS???? It certainly makes me laugh. Poor Thorin. Post by imsoconfused16
Hope there was something for everyone.
Plushy MyPlushyface’s Hotel in Dunfanaghy supposedly has free wi-fi, so I’m hoping to catch up with comments when I arrive there.
Have a lovely weekend, all.