Tonight’s the night, if I’m not wrong… Richard will be at the much-awaited Hannibal panel at SDCC. Opportunity for me to think back to his first appearance at SDCC in 2012 – and to give you this: [Note post-publishing 2: Giving up embedding and linking instead]
[ETA after countless attempts at embedding the Getty images in this post: F*ck yeah, click the little link left under the image – it takes you to a larger version of the picture on Getty’s site. Maaaaaaaaaaaan *hyperventilate*, do you also feel the irrepressible urge to touch those veins on his neck… UNF]
We hadn’t seen Richard for a good while at that point, ensconced in filming in NZ as he was. When he turned up at SDCC in full beardy glory, casual shirt and very nicely snug jeans, my heart broke a little ;-). In a good way, I hasten to say. I was smitten. Yes, even a beard-hater like me had to concede that he looked extremely masculine, a bit chunky, but handsome and altogether irresistible when he appeared at the Hobbit panel and on interviews. Apart from his snug buns, I also appreciated how delighted and enthusiastic he seemed to be, taking the whole circus in. Maybe it was because I was still new to the Richarding game, it was the first time that I followed an event more or less in real time, and I was only half a year into my fangirling experience, so maybe I wasn’t really very familiar with what he was like at public events. But to me he seemed less of an “old hand” back then, someone for whom the experience was really new, and who appeared like a wide-eyed, small boy, slightly overwhelmed by the fuss that was being made of “that little film” he was coincidentally working on, yet thrilled and proud to be allowed to share in its glory. His look was not sleek yet, wearing a black shirt that was a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit too tight for his impressive muscularity, and jeans that had a few titillating holes and stains. Not that I noticed – I think the view of his bum ensconced in tight black jeans will be forever remain burnt onto my retina *fans herself*. I wish Getty provided a picture of *that*, but…
Anyhow, so much for the past. *sigh* Let’s not dwell on it but imagine what tonight will bring. Casual or fashionable RA? The whole look and feel of Hannibal is very much focussed on sleek designer clothes. But maybe they’ll tone it down for a nerd-fest such as a con? I suppose that flower crowns will make an appearance, and I expect a barrage of photos in the media and gifs and photosets on tumblr. But that will be next week’s round-up. This week, it is much more of a mixed bag, not really that spectacular and not dominated by a particular sighting, event or show. The calm before the con? Have a look and take it easy…
- This fabulous new tumblr completely passed me by. It debuted earlier this year, but I want to introduce AskTeamCastle to you – click and you’ll see
- Jollytr shows us the evolution of a pout. Kinda cute…
- petruchiolucasthorin has put together all the backsides of the Hobbit trading cards in one post. I had never seen all of them – interesting
- And here is the front side, also by petruchiolucasthorin
- Not sure whether there is any method in it, but frank-dolarhyde has assigned zodiac signs to the various chaRActer. I share mine with Lucas (drat – I want Guy as a Scorpio!)
- Shakespearelove’s caption made me chuckle – what a truly amusing thought… ahehehe… haha.. HAWHAW…hohoho. Teehee..
- Thanks, elenorofrohan, I had been wondering on what occasion that picture of the dwarves was taken. Makes sense
- In case you can’t wait for her WP updates – myrichardtreehouse is already on day 7 of her comprehensive study of Armitage forearms
- OMG Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams* What’s happened to you in gif 2???????????? You are unrecognizable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I am sort of giggling here at serik27’s gif set. Flattering is something else…)
- Riepu10 has made some gifs of RA as Epiphanes. In-te-res-ting… Looks good in a skirt…
- If anyone is in need of GuyxMarian icons, totallyradioactive15 has made loads
- Thanks to fringeofmadness for captioning this part of the recent Russian interview with RA – I had not been able to make out what he said re. the tattoo. (Oh, and I am deeply, deeply relieved *hehe*)
- What do you think? Does the real RA fall a little bit in love long with his characters? Found at thorin-baconshield
- If it isn’t too hot where you are, this might push you to boiling point. NSFW!!!! Still waters are very deep, eh, Harry? Drabble by triple-r-porn
- Antatius gives Guy a flower crown – pretty
- And representative for the many images that currently celebrate the anniversary of SD and TC, here are heyerette’s images and memories of the night she visited RA at the SD
- And here is a very rare tumblr video, taken by arikishirley, at the end of an SD appearance
- In case your sexual orientation is Gary Fuller, here is the blog for you: armitages-gary-fuller
Ready for SDCC, get set – go!
Have a good one, peeps!