How’s the weekend progressing for you guys? We have had a big family event yesterday with visitors from England and Scotland, and so I have been distracted and delayed for a bit. Sorry.
With Pilgrimage finally reaching cinemas in the US, so many reviews and interviews have been published the last couple of days. The most concise listing of all news can be found over at Me+Richard, but I particularly liked the Hypable interview that Richard referred to via Twitter himself and in which he gave us a tiny glimpse into the isolation that comes from staying in character.
[…] to be honest I do tend to stay in character, so Raymond’s sense of humour was only in regards to his own devious means of torture. But I loved the fraternity, everyone really looked out for each other and Jon was very much a mentor to Tom, which was lovely to watch.
I was a little envious to be honest, as I had to play the role of the villain, so I stayed away from the group gym sessions which the lads used to bond. I felt like this would help me feel isolated in the role, as Raymond was in the world, but I would willingly have been one of the gang. I think secretly Raymond longed for a brotherhood. The isolation fuelled his rage.
However, I am slightly disappointed that RA hardly gets a mention in most reviews of the film – beyond mentioning his name followed by “The Hobbit” in brackets. As the main antagonist in the movie, I would’ve thought his work would receive more response. Yet, it seems that the draw of the Marvel heroes overshadows everything else.
Well, or maybe I haven’t got the right priorities…
In any case, here is the weekly tumblr round-up:
- I think hilfedraws needs a shrine… praying to Saint Richard…
- The drawback of watching Pilgrimage in the cinema, is that you don’t get the extras. Here are some screenshots from the interview with Richard by ausschweifendemotte
- Here’s some Trevor Belmont fluff by sundowngarden – little scenes that illustrate Trevor’s personality
- And just as a little follow-up to Sinnamin’s great plushie work – here’s a post by a happy client who ordered the Castlevania set for her husband – who happens to be Sam Deat
- But moodyhedgie’s drawing of Trevor definitely bows to the actor who voices him
- Early sketch of Trevor Belmont by the animators *lol*, spotted by konakoro
- I completely agree with bestthingsdwelloutofsight
- Darthstitch’s coinage “toucan beaked goober” has me in stitches
- Spotlight on the past: A close-up of Standring, giffed by riepu10
- Riepu10 has also put the three character posters of Raymond de Merville in one post
- Ghisborne answers which film she first saw Richard in – always nice to get other fan’s “testimonials”
- Scaredy-bee comments on Richard’s American accent – what do you think?
- Gifs of Richard in the AP interview from last week. By riepu10
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!