Do you sometimes think that you have to pay for every good day with a bad day? That’s a rather pessimistic way of looking at things, I guess, and probably caused by the “bad day” I am having today. The good day was yesterday. First a friend gifted me an Eileen Gray side table – a piece that I have always wanted because I love Bauhaus-style design and Eileen Gray was an Irish designer who created some remarkable pieces. Later in the day our friend cooked dinner for us (roast pheasant with black spuds and black carrots) and then spoilt us with oysters. It was the first time I ever had an oyster, and I admit I wasn’t really enthusiastic about slurping it down. But I am glad I did. I might eat oysters again… As for the bad day – Mr Guylty had a very bad night, and I am very worried. He has no energy, has trouble breathing. We took a Covid test and thankfully that is negative. But yeah, bad days seem to be payment for good days…
Sorry for the morose start. And just as I am writing this, I am just noticing a beautiful rainbow outside my window. That’s got to be a good sign 🌈.
Not the prettiest of views out the back of my house, but the rainbow elevates even the ugliest of sights.
Here’s this week’s round-up.
- Newer fans: If you haven’t read up on Richard’s attendance many years ago at the 24 hour plays in the Old Vic, check out mezzmerizedbyrichard’s post!
- Chapter 28 of middleearthpixie’s After the Fire
- Richardarmitagefanpage has a new photo of Father Quart
- Also from richardarmitagefanpage, this interview snippet about Richard, latest Iberophile
- Customary Guy-gif by riepu10
- Had to snort at the meme reposted by wineandthrandy, originally by lotrstolkien
- Lots of screenshots of Father Quart by richardarmitagefanpage
- Olya-dwarf puts lots of Quart close-ups into an edit
- Also from olya-dwarf, lots of Quart in a fun slide-show
- I always love linasofia’s fan-fic accompanying headers. This one is *chefskiss*
- A Ray Levine fan fic by fizzyxcustard called So Close, garnished with a nice gif
- Strange how the brown eyes immediately make this gif set by riepu10 of James from MZ look weird…
- Hehe, Guy is quite the frustration solver. What a Guy Wants by nfcomics
13, lucky number? 😉
Hope your day is going well!